Design Thinking 3.0
DSIL VC Session 4 | TUESDAY | 13 September @ 10pm Bangkok
Registered participants will find the meeting access code at pax.dsilglobal.com
This VC Session will cover the evolution and history of HCD as a tool/methodology, with a focus on the international/sustainable development arena. This session sets the context of where we have been, where we are headed, as well as lessons learned along the way.
- How Design Thinking Can Help Social Entrepreneurs; Sarah Soule (Stanford Business, 2013)
- Why Human-Centered Design Matters (Dave Thomsen, Wanderful Media)
201- Intermediate / Advanced
- How Indra Nooyi Turned Design Thinking Into Strategy: An Interview with PepsiCo’s CEO (HBR, 2015)
- Design Thinking Comes of Age; Jon Kolko (HBR, 2015)
- Evolution of DT across the years; Irving Wladawsky-Berger (WSJ, 2015)
- What Is Design If Not Human-Centered? (John Cary, 2013)
Nerd Out- Extra Suggested Readings
- Start with People, Design for Partner
- Why Design for Devleopment is Failing on its Promise
- What’s Next for Design in Development
- Before the Backlash, Let’s Re-define User Centered Design
- Five Wins and Five Fails at IDEO.org
Chioma Ume, Amplify Challenge Manager at IDEO
Chioma designs online open innovation challenges in international development as part of OpenIDEO and IDEO.org’s Amplify Program. She stewards the strategy and execution of the challenges and guides communities through the collaborative human-centered design process.
Passionate about empowering people to improve their lives, prior to joining the IDEO family Chioma managed international rule of law and access to justice programs for the Canadian Bar Association. Her work focused on law reform and policy, legal aid, public legal education in East Africa, Laos and China. She’s lived and worked in Dar es Salaam, Singapore and Vientiane. In another life, she practiced corporate law and public criminal defence in Toronto, Canada (at different times!).
Chioma holds a law degree from the University of Western Ontario and an Honours Bachelors of Arts and Science from McMaster University. She is an avid cyclist, yogi and is seldom happier than when surrounded by butter and gluten.