Looking Ahead: Academic Career Plan
7th Grade Counseling Lesson
Career Investigations Class
Counselors Introduce Academic Career Plans
How to Access Your Student's ACP
1. Go to PWCS.edu
2. Under the 'STUDENTS' tab in the top right hand corner, locate the subcategory 'HIGH SCHOOL AND BEYOND'
3. Click on 'COLLEGE AND CAREER PLANNING RESOURCES'
4. Click on 'PREPARING TO GRADUATE'
5. Click on 'ACADEMIC CAREER PLAN'
6. Click here to access your Academic Career Plan 'ACP'
7. Enter your student's 6-digit student ID number
See below for an example of an ACP.
- Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources - zoologist, farm equipment operator, chef, animal trainer
- Architecture & Construction - architect, electrician, interior designer, highway maintenance, carpenter
- Arts, A/V Technology & Communications - actor, camera operator, photographer, video producer, graphic design, new/tv reporter
- Business Management & Administration - statistician, real estate manager, business owner, accountant, shipping receiving clerk
- Education & Training - teacher/professor, librarian, speech pathologist, special education
- Finance - accounting clerk, bank teller, loan officer, appraiser, insurance agent, financial counselor
- Government & Public Administration - city planning aide, license clerk, building inspector, military, legislative aide
- Health Science - nurse, athletic trainer, pharmacist, dentist, x-ray technician, doctor
- Hospitality & Tourism - hotel manager, travel agent, food service worker, housekeeping/janitorial, tour guide
- Human Services - child care worker, counselor, psychologist, cosmetologist, clergy, social worker
- Information Technology - computer information systems manager, computer engineer, video game designer, IT mechanic, data communications analyst
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security - coroner, corrections officer, detective, police officer, firefighter, lawyer, judge
- Manufacturing - civil engineer, locksmith, gas/oil plant operator, welder, metal/plastic processing worker, jeweler
- Marketing - advertising agent, buyer and purchasing agent, public relations specialist, real estate agent, customer service representative
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) - aerospace engineer, biologist, chemist, physicist, safety engineer, meteorologist, geographer
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics - air traffic controller, flight attendant, motorboat mechanic, traffic technician
- Energy - nuclear engineer, chemical engineer, environmental engineer, renewable energy scientist