Monday Morning Memo
St. Mary of the Assumption School
April 26, 2021
Note from the Principal
The Phase III sign-up for our middle school students to return to campus was released last Friday. Please sign up here to indicate your desire to return to campus.
The Boosterthon is this week! I am grateful to the HSA for all their hard work organizing an event that works with our virtual students and our on campus learners. Please see more details below.
Have a wonderful week!
Summer Enrichment/Sports Camp
Thank you for filling out the interest survey!
We have confirmed that we will be having a Sports Camp from July 12-23! We are still working out a date/plan for academic enrichment.
Please stay tuned for more details. We look forward to seeing you this summer!
St. Mary’s of the Assumption Families,
We are three days away from our Booster-thon/Activity-thon program! Thank you to
everyone who has already pledged their support. Students in school will have a socially
Just so you know, the students that raise $200+ will get a VIP Movie Night with snacks
in May! The class that raises the most money will get a class Pizza Party. Parents can
still register their child(ren) to participate and all registered students will get a goody bag
through Thursday and parents get two volunteer hours.
Enter all pledges on FUNRUN.COM. Thanks again for your support!
BOOST is a State Maryland Program that provides scholarships to eligible students in Grades K-8 to attend a nonpublic school. BOOST scholarships are available to public school students and current nonpublic school students whose family income is:
$30,044 or less for a family of 2
$37,777 or less for a family of 3,
$45,510 or less for a family of 4
$53,243 or less for a family of 5.
The deadline for the 2021 - 2022 school year is May 17, 2021.
St. Mary of the Assumption CYO Track Team
This season, the St. Mary of the Assumption CYO will be starting a Track Team!
- Students ages 7-14 may participate in track events. There will be a variety of events including the 100, 200, 400, 800 and 1600 meter races. Given the pandemic, track meets will be held either on Saturdays or Sundays at Elizabeth Seton HS. Locations and times will be announced the week prior to the meet.
- Social distancing protocols will be in effect which may require 2 sessions. One session for girls and one for boys, to reduce the number of students at the track at a given time.
- Each athlete will be allowed to participate in no more than 4 events. Once athletes complete their events, they must immediately leave the track.
- There will be no practices at this time. Once additional restrictions are lifted practices may begin.
- The cost to participate is $70. This cost is for the entire season.
Interested? Please contact Dawn Freeman (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information!
From your desktop, go to smile.amazon.com and sign in to your Amazon account. Click on Select Your Charity, then search all charitable organizations, and type in "Saint Mary of the Assumption". Choose the option located in Upper Marlboro. Every time you shop, go to smile.amazon.com. Purchases from the regular Amazon site are not eligible.
From your app, click on the menu, and go to "All Programs". Click AmazonSmile. Click on Select Your Charity, then search all charitable organizations, and type in "Saint Mary of the Assumption". Choose the option located in Upper Marlboro. If AmazonSmile is "On" on your phone, there is no need to do anything different when you go to your app. You should see the AmazonSmile logo at the top.
For the full Master Calendar, click here. Please note, this is subject to change.
April 27th: 7 PM 8th Grade Confirmation Rehearsal
April 28th: 7 PM 8th Grade Confirmation
April 29th: Boosterthon
April 29th: 5 PM Book Pick Up
May 5th: May Crowning Mass
May 7th: Progress Reports
May 7th: 12:30 p.m. Dismissal
May 12th: 7:00 p.m. HSA Virtual Meeting
May 25th: Pre-K through 3rd Field Day
May 27th: 4th through 8th Field Day
May 28th: Early Dismissal