By: Kaitlynn De Motta
5 things to prevent from being a victim:
- Use spam filter to block spam e-mail and change settings on your e-mail software to warn you when you receive a suspicious e-mail that may be a phishing e-mail.
- Only shop at secure website. (Ebay, Amazon,Microsoft Web, etc.)
- When creating passwords think of something that is NOT common and only you would know.
- If you have any personal or finacial information stored on your computer, use Windows EFS.
- Don't put sensitive information on laptops, handheld computers, or other portable devices unless absolutely necessary.
5 Things to do if you are a Victim:
- Put a fraud alert on your credit report.
- Contact any institution directly affected.
- File a police report.
- Contact Social Security if your SS# was or is being used.
- Contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).