Whole number and decimal division
- Set up your division house.
- The whole/dividend is always the first number in the equation/problem.
- The divisor is the second number in your division sentence.
- put your divisor inside your division house and your dividend/whole outside.
- BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING BRING YOUR DECIMAL POINT STRAIGHT UP ON THE TOP OF YOUR HOUSE ABOVE THE DECIMAL IN YOUR DIVISOR!!!!!!!!
- If there is no decimal in your divisor do not do step 5.
- See how many times your whole goes into your divisor.
- Multiply that number by your whole and subtract from the divisor, then put the number you multiplied by above the divisor.
- Bring down any left over numbers from the top/your divisor.
- Repeat until your whole can not go into the number you got when you subtracted.
- If you have leftovers that is called the remainder
- Good Job!
Dividing a decimal by a whole number | Decimals | Pre-Algebra | Khan Academy
The Division Song