How to Become Modern Genghis Khan
By Tira Thomas
To Become Genghis Khan you've got to know Details
Genghis Khan was born with a blood clot in his hand. To his parents this was a sigh from the gods that he was going to be a great leader. At brith Genghis Khan was given the name of Temujin , the name of one of his fathers prisoners. At the age of nine Temujin was send with his father to a local clan to search for a future wife for his arranged marriage. On the way back to his clan Temujin's father was poisoned. After his fathers death Temujin's clan left him in his family behind to live on their own. This was hard for his family Temujin and his brothers were on hunting duty. One day hunting Temujin spoted his brother taking a piece of game for his own, out of this Temujin found disloylaty and dishonesty, and for this he killed him. As a teen Temujin was captured by the biggest Mongolian clan. Years latter he escaped ready to build his own empire but frist he needed his arranged wife Börte. Finally he had it the largest empire in Mongolia two times as big as the one his father was poisoned by. With more than 100,000 Mongols they killed tens of thousands of people, still making their empire bigger
Know the Rules Before you Make the Rules
- Mongol kids must learn to ride a horse at a young age.
- To become andas two people must mix bloods.
- On the steppe if you are a male and you want something you take it.
- Boiling people was a dishonorable way to kill someone.
- If you are leader of a tribes you must divide what loot you steel from tribes amongst your tribe.
- To break your loyalty is a serious crime.
- Going in the war with tatars if someone was taller that the cart axel they would be executed
Change Over Time
- At the age of nine Temujin's family was left alone by his clan after his father died.
- In his teens people begin to see his leadership.
- At 16 he had powerful allies.
- Temujin and Jumuka become enemies.
- Gains followers.
- 1207 Genghis Khan becomes leader of the Mongols.
- Poverty to World ruler.
- Adopted son begins writing Genghis Khan's history
- The Tatars (a clan) saw Temujin's father as an enemy so they poisoned him.
- Genghis Khan gave food, horses, fur to weaker clans to try and gain their support.
- As Temujin is nice his blood brother Jamuka is nasty and his tribe flock to Temujin.
- "Join" or "Die"
- If help Genghis Khan he will help you when you are in need.
- 1 in 200 people today are related to Genghis Khan.
His Big Ideas
- Genghis Khan wanted to untie Mongol tribes.
- Genghis Khan valued people by there skills, merit, and trust.
- birth and lineage didn't matter.
- Invented the Pony Express (system of communication)
- Phycological Warfare
- Genghis Khan shows respect towards all reilgions.
- Religion is a personal choice.
- Religion Tolerance.
Across the Disciplines
This is a story about a girl who writes a story about Genghis Khan and writes a story. To see what happens click the button.