Week of April 27th
"To have purpose means the things we do are of real value to others." - Simon Sinek
The final touches are going into this week's Cluster Showcase! Thank you to all our Cluster Facilitators for their hard work the past 9 weeks!
May 1st... A BIG Day
- 7:50 - Rise & Shine. This will be an "abridged" Rise & Shine, because we will dismiss from the Gym and begin our A.C.E.S. activity. See the email from Holcombe last week which included a breakdown of the Rise & Shine agenda.
- Immediately following the Rise & Shine - Project A.C.E.S. Our Student Council reps will lead us through our exercises as we dismiss from the Gym and make our way outside!
- 8:35 - E-Time begins and Showcase begins
- 2:30 - Daisy Troop Ladybug Release in the Garden (weather permitting)
Kindergarten - 5th Grade Purple Folders
Starting the Spring of the 2014-2015 school year, we will begin to phase out the district required purple folders. (Kindergarten and 1st grade do not need to pass a folder on to the next grade) In place of purple folders, educators will upload the assessment information into Aware.
At the end of the school year, educators should scan and upload into Aware:
- For every learner:
- EOY writing sample
- For Learners not on grade level, or are borderline (determination of borderline can be educator/campus discretion)
- EOY writing sample
- EOY DRA (running record / written response)
- EOY spelling test
- All of these files can be uploaded as one attachment. No need to scan them in separately.
- Campuses may elect to upload other things as well.
- Educators should keep BOY/MOY/EOY as part of their personal documentation and anecdotal records for the year, but as long as the scores and and EOY documentation have been scanned and uploaded into Aware the paperwork can be discarded after the school year has concluded.
Life Principle - Courage
Quote - "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." Author Unknown
Healthy Tip - Gymnastics and tumbling can help you become stronger and more flexible. Make sure you only do gymnastics when you have a grown-up to watch you.
Week At A Glance...
- 3:30 - Parent/Community Committee Meeting
- 6:00 - GEM recognition for Janie & Paige @ Board Meeting
- AM - Cooper @ Principal Meeting
- 3:30 - Quick Team Leader Meeting
- Progress Report Grades Due
- Information Literacy Update rescheduled
- 3:30 - Book Fair Preview!
- Showcase Set-Up
- 6:00 - 4th Grade Musical
- Rise & Shine
- Project A.C.E.S.
- Cluster Showcase
- 2:30 - Ladybug Release
- 4th/5th Educator iPad Modules due date
- Book Fair Week
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 4 - K-5 Interest-based Field Trip
- May 5 - Teacher of the Year Banquet
- May 6 - Nurse Appreciation Day
- May 6 - Staff Meeting (Cafeteria)
- May 7 - 4th Field Trip
- May 7 - Kinder Round-Up
- May 7 - Spring Picnic (all staff attend)
- May 8 - E-Time