Careers in Science

By Grant P.

Title/Name of the career

ATHLETE

What a person in this career does in detail

A person that does this career would be someone that plays in the NFL, NBA, MLB, MMA, and UFC. The players play in sports that include football, basketball, baseball, fighting, and wrestling.These people play for teams that will pay them. These National sports pay a lot of money and that is why all of the players are rich and have the nice houses and stuff. Also, they play to entertain us, The players could just play and not be televised but they televise it for our entertainment.

Why you chose this career

I chose this career because I am interested in sports. I have been in sports since I was little and I liked them. I was in a lot of sports when I was younger. The one sport that I have been in the longest is football. I have been in football since I was six. That was also when I had started soccer but then I had quit a few years after. Then this year i had joined wrestling so i think that a athlete would be the career for me.

Experience/Skills needed

A minimum of one year of educational scholarship is needed to be in the athletic business. According to statistics, 2% of the athletes in the world get their proper schooling just in high school. The other 98% of the athletes get all of the proper schooling in college. Any person that wants to be an athlete in college can be as long has they have the right schooling and the one year of schooling. The NCAA can not give out the college schooling that you need you have to go to a regular college in your area.

Education needed to obtain this career (Associate/Bachelor/Masters/Special Schooling)

To get into an Athletic career you need a Bachelor's degree to get into the sport. A bachelor's degree is usually an academic degree awarded for an undergraduate course or major that generally lasts for four year. Every athlete in the NFL, NBA, UFC, and the MLB, all have their bachelor's degree. They play until they either retire or quit their job. If they do, then they can go and get another job with a bachelor's degree because once you get it and then you can't lose it unless you get it striped by the police.

Pictures of the career

What branch of science most of this career falls under and why

This career falls under physical because it deals with velocity by when the punter kicks the ball, it goes up and gravity is trying to pull the football down the entire time. Also, it has two different velocities. There is horizontal velocity and there is vertical velocity. And then as the ball goes farther gravity starts to take over the football. So then the football starts to go downward and then the velocity changes direction and goes the opposite way.

Something you found interesting about the career

I found interesting that there are so many things that involve science in sports such as all of newtons laws, velocity, and acceleration. These subjects in science are not known by the players, they are studied by the scientists. The scientists researches these sports for years and years and they still haven't found out every thing about these subjects. Scientists just keep finding more and more stuff everyday. The athletes are just playing the game and they don't need to know what all of the subjects are.