November 24, 2020
Wednesday, November 25 - No School
Thursday, November 26 - No School
Friday, November 27 - No School
Monday, November 30 - Distance Learning resumes for all students
Monday, November 30 - Mathcounts (see below)
Monday, November 30 - Girls basketball games
The December calendar for Green and Silver days is included below. Please feel free to print this out to help students plan their schedules for distance learning. This information is also available on our school website’s calendar.
Here is a link to the spreadsheet where this document lives: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qYm3NSa__v9QV8-V79P-HgaAuxbE0JFD/edit#gid=750102449
Math Counts will meet on Monday, November 30 from 3:00-3:30 pm. Use the following information to log in:
Meeting ID: 980 9023 5797
Community Service Project
We have some wonderful Aubry Bend Families that are experiencing some really hard times right now. Job layoffs and furloughs, changes in marital status, changes in living situations, medical bills, and the uncertainty of these times are putting huge strains on many in our community.
We want to help! We are trying to help 3 of our ABMS families prepare for the winter and upcoming holidays. Attached below is a spreadsheet of needs by family. If you are able, please sign up by adding your name next to any of the items on this wishlist. Giftcards at the bottom will be split between all 3 families.
All UNWRAPPED donations can be brought to Aubry Bend and left in a plastic tub outside of our main entrance (no entering the school building). This tub will be put out around 7:30am and put inside around 4pm. It will not be left out overnight.
You may also shop online and ship items to Aubry Bend. If you choose this option, please address it to:
Aubry Bend Middle School
c/o: Kim Vail
12501 W 175 Street
Overland Park, KS 66221
**Please include gift receipts when possible, in case something doesn't fit and must be returned.
**Please label items as "teen girl #1" to make sorting and wrapping easier.
Deadline for drop offs or shipping is December 16th.
Please contact Kim Vail at KSVail@bluevalleyk12.org with any questions! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Contact Info for PSMS VirtualEd Teachers
- Donna Gerstner - Social Studies - email@example.com
- Shannon Ferrerya - ELA - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amy Gabel - Science - email@example.com
- Kim Vail (ABMS) - Math - firstname.lastname@example.org
7th Grade Students attending ABMS and HMS
Contact Info for HMS VirtualED Teachers
- ELA- Erica Hurlbut ELHurlbut@bluevalleyk12.org
- Science- Trish Soper PSoper@bluevalleyk12.org
- Social Studies- Brennan Flanagan BFlanagan@bluevalleyk12.org
- Math - Melissa Canas (ABMS) email@example.com
8th Grade Students attending ABMS and OMS
Contact Info for OMS Virtual Teachers
· Invest in ABMS/PTO membership - Any and all support is very much appreciated!! Log into ParentVue to donate.
· "BE IN THE KNOW WITH ABMS PTO"- Be sure to follow us on FB (@AubryBendMSPTO) and twitter (@AbmsPto).
· SCHOOL DIRECTORY - Directories are ready for pick up! If yours does not come home with your kiddo, be sure to stop by the office to grab it. Thank you!
· PIE DROP - In lieu of our annual holiday cookie exchange this year, the PTO will be hosting a Pie Drop for the ABMS staff. Look for more details and a sign-up genius to come out the week of December 4.
· HOLIDAY BAGS - THANK YOU to everyone who has signed up to fill a bag! Please have them returned no later than December 14. Bags are still able to be dropped off at school during our remote learning period after Thanksgiving. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f44a9a723a4f58-abms
· HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
Curbside Checkout Continues!
As we enter back into Distance Learning we will continue to offer curbside checkout service from the ABMS library. Our library web page provides information and a short video on how to place a hold for Curbside checkout. Axis 360 eBooks are also available to all ABMS students.
Overdue notices were emailed to students this week. Many of the overdues are from last school year. 6th grade students that have books from their previous school may return to the ABMS Library. We’ll send them on to the appropriate school. We appreciate everyone's efforts in returning these books to the library.
ABMS Teen Advisory Group (TAG)
Calling all 7th & 8th grade book lovers (Virtual and In-Person students)! The ABMS TAG Library Club has begun! If interested in being part of this exclusive group please check the link below. Included is a Google form for your child to submit and be entered into the Canvas page. Participants help choose the Trendy 12 book list for middle schools in Blue Valley!
The sixth grade team wishes you a fun and safe break this week! We hope you can find some time to relax and enjoy your time off. We look forward to meeting with you via Zoom in the weeks to come.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of our ABMS families. Although we have had our share of ups and downs this year, I am so grateful for the students, staff and community with which I work. I hope each and every one of you is able to take some time over this Thanksgiving holiday to count your blessings and connect with family and friends.
No matter if it’s virtually or in-person, spending time with my family and friends always reminds me of the true meaning of gratefulness. To have a group of people close to me who love me for all my talents and faults is the greatest gift of all. May you each experience the same gift on Thanksgiving and throughout the year.
I am truly grateful for our ABMS community of staff, students and families. Thank you for loving and supporting Aubry Bend. We love you and want you to know that you can depend on us.
Diana Tate, Principal