5th Grade News!
For the Week of March 16-20
- Reading and identifying characteristics of memoirs and biographies
- Answering comprehension questions about and making inferences about memoirs and biographies
- Researching a subject for a biographical essay
- Writing a thesis and planning an outline for a biographical essay
***Literary Nonfiction Quiz on Thursday, March 19***
***Grammar Quiz on Friday, March 20 - Indefinite Pronouns***
- Investigating plant and animal adaptations
- Researching and presenting information about adaptations in assigned environment
Investigating and identifying properties of polygons, including triangles and quadrilaterals
- Identifying, discussing, and analyzing events during the Civil War
Information and News
Spring Break: March 9-13
STEAM Night - March 19
More information to come!
Read, Deed, Run
Read, Deed, Run is continuing to collect snack pouches, drink pouches, used markers, glue sticks, glue bottles, and ink cartridges. These can be sent to school in a baggie at any time this school year.
Teachers have Packpon forms available if you didn't purchase the value pack and would like to participate this nine weeks. Packpon activities and dates are as follows:
Kickball with your switch class - TBA
Core Essential for March - PATIENCE
Wear PINK on Fridays in honor of this month's Core Essential.
Volunteer of the Year Award
Volunteers play an important role in the success of our students and school community. Parents and Grandparents volunteer in a variety of ways that include: Watchdogs, Mystery Reader, Work Baskets, Junior Achievement, Workroom, Library, Wolfpack Learning Day, School Store, etc. It is time to thank all of our volunteers for their service and nominate a Volunteer of the Year. The nomination forms can be found in the front office, workroom, PTA room, and on your child's Edmodo class page. Please turn in nominations to your child’s teacher or the front office by Friday, March 20th.
5th Grade Team Members
Willie Manning - WillieRManning@KATYISD.ORG
Julie Longoria - JulieALongoria@KATYISD.ORG
Julie Hernandez - JulieRHernandez@KATYISD.ORG
Nichole Howard - NicholeCHoward@KATYISD.ORG
Jennifer Counter - JenniferTCounter@KATYISD.ORG
Kailey Miller - KaileyMiller@KATYISD.ORG
Abbie Artley - AbigailEArtley@KATYISD.ORG