Mentor Program Update
February's Lead Mentor Meeting
We are organizing the Lead Mentor Fusion Page so a repository will exist with information to share among Lead Mentors about monthly Educator Support Sessions. We are asking all Leads to share topic ideas for ESS's, itineraries from past or future ESS's, PPTs, web links, videos, and anything else that is "share-worthy." Please send your shareable files to Jennifer or Amie. We will discuss the Fusion page with Leads at our February 11 Lead Mentor meeting.
PRAXIS Elementary Education Sessions
For more information or to register, search OPD 711.2 PRAXIS Elementary Education Multiple Subjects in the online catalog.
Important Dates for PWCS Mentor Program Participants
- Right away: Send shareable information for monthly Educator Support Sessions.
- Throughout January and February: Reflect on Mentors, Lead Mentors, and Educator Support Teams in order to submit a nomination (deadline TBA) for 2016 Mentor Program Awards.
- February 11, 2016: Winter Lead Mentor Meeting - sign up for OPD 825
- March 12, 2016: Mentor logs for the second trimester are due by midnight. Mentors must submit 11-13 logs to receive their supplemental pay.
- Sometime after April 1: We will schedule a spring Mentor Training Session (date TBA)
- April 15, 2016: Our goal is to have your second trimester supplemental pay in this pay period.
- April 27, 2016: Spring Lead Mentor Meeting - sign up for OPD 825
- May 3, 2016: Mentor Program Awards Ceremony - by invitation ONLY
- June 2, 2016: Finale Rally for brand new teachers, mentors, and lead mentors
2016 Mentor Program Award Nominations
Now it's time to let everyone in PWCS know about our outstanding Mentor Program participants!
Very soon you will receive information about nominations for the 2016 Mentor Program Awards. Please consider nominating someone for Mentor of the Year or Lead Mentor of the Year. In addition, there is an award for Educator Support Team of the Year. There may be a 2016 Mentor Program Award winner in YOUR school!
Information, including nomination packets and deadline information to be distributed soon.