Newsletter - Week of October 12-16
Mrs. Reim & Mrs. Wells
Please visit my webpage too!
Look under the NEWSLETTER tab to find "downloads" of the spelling word list, the spelling dictation sentences, and the XtraMath pins.
Our First PBL
1. I gave the students a worksheet for homework today using in/out boxes.
2. 15 minutes on XtraMath website
3. PACE Math kids need to spend 20 minutes on the TEN MARKS website. They should spend some time on the assignments I have given and may work on Jam Sessions too.
4. Right now, TenMarks is optional for non-Pace students but is highly encouraged!
Spelling Compound Words
Spelling words and sentence dictation are downloads on my website.
1. Students should study the word list and practice writing the sentences at least 3 times during the week. They should focus on neatness and using capital letters at the beginning of sentences and the correct end punctuation.
Next week, we are beginning to study Texas Geography.
We took the first science benchmark today on electrical connections. Those scores will probably be placed in the first 9 weeks report cards.
Next week, we will be gathering research on our green renewable energy project.
We would like the children to keep an "Energy Diary" on notebook paper or on a Google Doc. They all had ideas as to how they would like to gather their data. To keep it manageable, I suggest making a list of how they used energy for ONE day. Example:
1Light in bedroom
2Light in the bathroom
3Refrigerator all day
4TV (I watched for 2 hours)
5Remote (I clicked 17 times)
6Phone (3 times)
7Car (spent 45 minutes in the car)
If they use the object in the list all day, they may note that!
This will help them to realize how much of their life depends on electricity or other energy sources.