Raymore Update: 04/01/14
News For & About our Staff Family & PLC
Learning to Knit
Savannah Perkins teaches Miss Clark how to knit during their lunch time.
Paradise Park Fun
Ms. Hofmann accepted the students challenge to climb the rock wall at Paradise Park. She made it to the top and rang the bell! Thank you PTA for sponsoring a great night at Paradise Park!
Second Grade Musical Performance
Our second grade students did a fantastic job at performing last week. Way to go Mrs. Bradley, second grade students, and teachers!
Paradise Park Fun
EC/ECSE Families Enjoy Messy Night!!
Great relationships aren't built in a day - great relationships are built daily.
Wish You Well
Welcome Back Sherri! Sherri is returning to work half days this week. It is great to have her back with our school family!
Please keep Kristi Patterson's father in your thoughts and prayers as he undergoes surgery today (4/1/14).
Prayers for GG's husband Rene and their family are greatly appreciated while he remains in Oklahoma.
Karen Green's father is still in the hospital. The good news is he is off the ventilator and his blood pressure is holding. Continue to send positive thoughts and prayers to Karen and her family.
Wednesday Faculty Meeting - 4/02/14
1.First Things First Habit 3 (10 min)
2. Discuss "Mind Sets and Equitable Education" by Carol Dweck and RSA Animate Video.
**Your BLT rep should have given you the paper copy of the Dweck article. Please read it prior to Wednesday's faculty meeting. We will watch the video together and discuss both. If you need a copy of the article, please see your BLT rep or Jennika.
Summer School Info.
Summer School Reminders:
- June SS session kids (invitation only) from RE will attend CM.
- July K Running start will be at RE (IF enrollment allows).
- July Gr3 Summer Ignite kids from RE will attend TC.
- District will mail parents the June Session I invitations based on the spreadsheet you completed.
- District will mail parents the July Session II Summer Ignite incoming 3rd grade enrollment forms.
- WE give incoming K parents the K Running Start enrollment forms at K round-up tomorrow
- Reminder, Transportation WILL be provided to BOTH sessions!
You are invited to help support our Girls on the Run!
Our Girls on the Run Practice 5k is Friday, May 2nd at 5:30. It will start on the trail right behind school in Memorial Park. We would love as many people as possible to come cheer the girls on OR you can run with them too.
Also, mark your calendars for Sunday, May 18th. Please try come support OR run in the end of season Girls on the Run 5k at Corporate Woods. All our 3rd and 4th girls participating in our program (30 girls) are already registered to run as part of their program fee :) They have been working hard all season and we know they would love to see you all there supporting them, either by cheering from the sidelines or running right along with them :) It's only $25 until April 14th. The link is below. PS. It's not just for girls ;
Reminders & FYIs-some new!
Pre K Round Up: Wednesday, April 2 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
All report card comments and marks are due in SIS by April 2, which is when the district window to enter closes. Reports are then emailed to parents on April 4. For more dates (adjusted post snow days) please see the "Reporting Period Dates..." (look for "adjusted...Feb. 7" in the title) that was shared with everyone in February and in our RE shared folder.
Second Grade Field Trip: Wednesday, April 2 from 8:45-12:30.
Staff Picture: April 3 at 7:30 a.m.
PLC Spring Forum: Thursday, April 3 4:00-7:30 p.m.
MOCK Map for grades 3 -4 begins the week of April 7 and will continue for three weeks until MAP testing begins the week of April 28.
Each grade level's student's school supply list are due to Renee April 9. Remember you are creating a cart via Walmart.com, printing it out, and submitting to Renee. Don't forget you to keep the $35 limit.
- May 30 : Field Day
- June 2: Fourth Grade Celebration
- If you have any pictures of great things going on in your classroom or family, please send them to Jennika. I would love to share with others in our Weekly Staff Update.
- Call or text Michelle & Jennika if you're going to be unexpectedly absent (after 4 pm day before). 616-4210 and 550-4434
- Call or text Michelle if you will be in the building on the weekend! Protection One and Raymore PD contact her directly, so it's important she is aware in case a worry arises. 616-4210.
Looking for previous copies of our Weekly Staff Updates? If so, these can be found on our Raymore Tigers Weebly site under "For Staff" & then click on "Raymore Update".
Classroom doors should remain locked and the magnet strip should be used to allow access into classrooms. If you need a new magnet, please notify Jennika.
Attendance should be entered in SIS each morning by 9:00 a.m. Thank you for making sure this is done in a timely manner.
Remember to add your lesson plans to the Google RE Shared Folder each Monday by 8:20 a.m.
- Remember to check the RE Shared Calendar for events! We are still adding, and things change.
- Remember to add your current class schedule to the Google RE Shared Folder & before you implement changes; post outside your door too.
PLC: Our Mission, Vision, Values
- Focus on Learning
- Build a Collaborative Culture
- Focus on Results
We answer four questions:
- What do we expect our students to learn? (Goals/Expectations)
- How will we know they are learning? (Assessment)
- How will we respond when they don’t learn? (DI Intervention)
- How will we respond if they already know it? (DI Extension)
To fulfill our mission & vision:
- M: Preparing each student for a successful and meaningful life
- V: Turning today's learners into tomorrow's leaders
With these commitments:
- We are committed to consistency & accountability for each student's success.
- We are committed to a system of support for students and adults.
- We are committed to a safe, trusting and collaborative environment.
- We are committed to best practices.
- We are committed to high expectations for learning, behavior and citizenship.
- We are committed to quality communication & positive relationships with all stakeholders
- We are committed to effective communication regarding student progress.
- We are committed to data-driven decision making.
- We are committed to use of appropriate channels for communication.
- We are committed to a guaranteed (consistent) and viable (doable) curriculum.
- We are committed to maintaining fiscal responsibility while improving student achievement