Parent Update: May 10
NJSLA Science 5th Grade
Due to strict testing protocols, all devices must be turned off and in their backpacks during the test. Students can bring a snack to school during testing days. The snack should be small and healthy - no candy, please.
All 5th grade Chromebooks must stay in school in the charging stations. We have no extras to provide to students during testing week.
Student Transportation 2023-24
For all parents/guardians seeking bus transportation for general education students in the Chatham public school district:
- State Mandated students (automatically placed on a bus route) will have access to their route information via the Parent Portal approximately 7-10 days prior to the first day of school. To qualify, the student must be further than the closest walking distance from home to school of attendance required by the state per their grade: K-8th grade is over 2.0 miles, 9-12th grade is over 2.5 miles.
- Subscription Bus students (any parent/guardian looking to have their child placed on a route that does not qualify for state mandated transportation):
* application (one per student) submission deadline: June 16, 2023
* late applications will be held until September 11, 2023 for review
* applications are approved on a first come first serve basis (based on availability)
* approved applicants will have access to their route information via the Parent Portal approximately 7-10 days prior to the first day of school
* applications are accessible on all district websites and are submitted directly online
* payment is not required until notification emailed in early October and is payable via PaySchools
* additional FAQs and information are available online
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Transportation Coordinator, Sandra Beyer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
School Supplies: 4th Grade ONLY
Don’t be that parent that has to visit 2 and a half stores to get everything on their child's back to school supply list! Just order from 1st Day School Supplies! In a few clicks you'll have everything you need and only the brand names you trust and respect like Ticonderoga, Crayola, Elmer's and Clorox. So, what are you waiting for? Check this off your to-do list!
Questions? Contact Kate at Kate.Handerhan@gmail.com
Spring Concert & End of Year Information
Change of Date: 5th Grade Concert June 6th @ 9:45 a.m.
4th Grade Concert June 7th @ 9:45 a.m.
All concerts will be held in the CHS Auditorium. There is little to NO parking at LAF and CHS when school is in session. Please plan accordingly.
Change of Date: June 9th - Last Day of School
June 8th and 9th - Early Dismissal Days - No lunch will be served.
DATES TO KNOW
22 - 23: 5th Grade: Science NJSLA
22 - 23: District Art Show CMS 6:30 - 8:30 pm
26 - No School
29 - No School
2 - Field Day & Hickory Tree Pizza Day (Raindate 6/5)
6 - 5th Grade Concert (9:45 a.m.)
6 - 5th Grade DJ (Fun) Day (Raindate 6/7)
7 - 4th Grade Concert (9:45 a.m.)
8 - Early Dismissal
9 - Early Dismissal & Last Day of School
As a reminder, there is little to no parking at LAF. Please plan accordingly.