Newsletter for May 11, 2020- May 24 2020
A Note from the Principal
Happy Mother's Day!!!
I hope this note finds you healthy and able to find some time to relax and enjoy your family.
In an effort to relieve some of the many stressors that I know you are enduring during this time, I want to assure you that WSISD and the North Elementary Staff is working hard to provide resources, support, and encouragement as we get through this together.
Below, you will find links to the WSISD and North Facebook pages and the WSISD website. These resources will provide up to date and valuable information while we are away from school.
During this time period, you can also expect regular communication and support from your child's teacher through School Status. Feel free to email, text, or call staff members as needed.
Teachers will be sending out a grading form for last week's assignments along with this week's assignments by 9:00 am on Friday mornings. Hard copies may also be picked up from the newspaper bins located at North's front doors. If your child needs help completing these, please reach out to your child's teacher.
Please do not hesitate to contact me, Mrs. Alexander, Mrs. Barber, or Ms. Bautista if you have any questions or suggestions.
You, and your children, are in my prayers daily. I cannot wait to see everyone again!!!
Love, Mrs. Bitters
Medication Pick-up- IMPORTANT INFORMATION
FAQs- Frequently Asked Questions- Updated 5-11-2020
Yearbooks and spring group class pictures will be delivered to the school when they are ready. We will announce a distribution schedule as soon as we can safely do so.
2. How will I receive individual student spring pictures?
The photography company is contacting families by email regarding mailing these to each family. Each homeroom teacher also has access to your child's individual code for ordering online. This should have been sent to all parents last week. If you did not receive this information, please contact your child's teacher. This is only for ordering the individual student pictures.
3. The following activities are being discussed and will be scheduled, if, and, when schools are safely allowed to do so:
*Allowing families to pick up belongings that students left at school
*Rescheduling of Color Run
*Returning of technology devices and library books
4. When can I register a new incoming kindergartner for the 2020-21 school year?
Online registration is occurring at this time. See www.wsisd.com for more information.
5. If I paid to attend the 2nd grade field trip, how can I get a refund?
We are working on a plan for this and will notify these individuals when the plan is finalized.
6. What will happen to the money left on my child's lunch account?
As usual, money on a student's lunch account is carried forward into the next school year or moved to another sibling's account. If needed, refunds can be requested when the school district opens again.
7. The district sent out links for Intent to Enroll for the 2020-21 school year. It is very important that EVERY parent complete this form for EACH child. This allows each school to know who plans to return in the fall, withdraw to attend another school, has a change of address, etc. It is how we plan for enough staffing on each campus for the upcoming school year. Please complete this form even if your child is an open enrollment student or intra-district transfer student that has already completed the other forms.
Spirit Week of May 11, 2020- Please post on our North Facebook page
Stay connected through Skylert and School Status.
Please email our registrar, Jen Tyler, if your phone number and/or email address need to be updated in Skyward. This is how important information from the teacher, campus and the district is provided.
Please join us on our North Facebook page for important information, fun ideas, spirit week challenges, and teacher read-alouds
North Color Run Will be rescheduled
We miss you!!
Camp Invention- Coming to North this June!
Camp Invention, a summer STEM camp, will be held June 22-25 this summer at North. This is a wonderful, hands-on summer camp. The students that attended last year learned so much and had a blast! Hope to see you there. It is open to all students in the district entering 1st-6th grade.
Week of 5-11-20 through 5-24-20
Students should not walk to school or be dropped off before 7:00 am. For safety reasons, we cannot have students outside on the campus before the school opens. Thank you for your cooperation.
Important information for North Elementary Students, revised 8-5-19
WSISD Parent/Guardian/Visitor Policy
All parent/guardian/visitors to any WSISD school must have a valid picture ID to enter the building. The ID will be held in the front office until the visitor signs out of the building. All visitors must enter through the front office entrance.
Morning Arrival- Please help us with this.
In order to ensure that our morning drop-off lines are moving as quickly as possible. Please have your child prepared to exit the vehicle when arriving at the drop-off location by having their backpack ready, shoes on, etc.
Attendance, Tardies, and Early Dismissals
1. Morning attendance will be taken at 9:30 am this year. That is the time that students must be in the classroom to be counted present for the day. Students are tardy at 7:40 am.
2. For safety, as well as instructional purposes, any student arriving after the 7:40 am tardy bell rings will need to be walked into the front office and signed in by a parent or guardian. Please park in an available parking space to do this so the drive is not blocked.
3. Any student being checked out of school during the day will be documented in order to help us ensure that students are not being checked out early on a regular basis. Frequent early dismissals may result in the student losing attendance incentives on campus. Instruction occurs in our classrooms throughout the day until dismissal.
4. Late pick-ups are also documented in our Skyward system. If a child is going to be picked up early from school on any given day, it must be done BEFORE 2:45 pm, as the office becomes very busy after this time with our dismissal procedures on campus and students may be in transition.
The car and parent walk-up dismissal signs must be the original sign issued by the school. Photocopies are not allowed. Adults picking up children will be asked to go to the front office if a photocopy is presented at dismissal.
Breakfast and Lunch Visitors
1. Breakfast and lunch visitors will only be allowed to come and eat breakfast or lunch with a student if the parent or guardian has listed them on the list in our Skyward system.
2. For your child’s safety, we cannot allow relatives, friends, neighbors to bring food or eat lunch with any child unless you have specifically listed them as an approved contact.
3. All visitors must always have a valid picture ID to enter the building for any reason. Building entrance is only allowed at the front office entrance. The ID will stay with the front office until signing out of the building.
Parent involvement and communication is very important to us. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Morning Arrival & Afternoon Dismissal Traffic Flow Maps
Front Office Staff
Here's Your 2019-20 North Elementary Staff
We would still love to have more support and volunteers. Please reach out to a PTO Board Member if you are interested in helping.The PTO Board would love to meet you and include you in the discussion about the wonderful things that are planned for our students and staff this year. We would also love to have everyone join and participate in our PTO this year. Everyone can be a valued member and help make our school even better for our children.
Brenda Tijerina- President
Alisha Soukaseume- Vice President
OPEN POSITION- Secretary
Sara Lopez- Treasurer
Andrea Obert- Volunteer Coordinator
Email email@example.com for information regarding PTO.
Kindergarten- 4th Grade
Doors Open: 7:00 am
Breakfast: 7:00-7:25 am
First Bell: 7:30 am
TARDY BELL: 7:40 am
Dismissal: 3:00 pm
Skylert Messenger- New Emergency Alert System
We are collecting. You can help by sending these items to the front office.
Thank you for ensuring your child is here everyday.
Keep up the GREAT work!
1st Grade- 95.12
2nd Grade- 96.18
3rd Grade- 96.34
4th Grade- 96.00