Drama is a story enacted onstage for a live audience
- The origin comes from the greek word dran which means to do
- A tragedy is a play that ends unhappily tradagies pit human limitations against the larger forces of destiny.
- A tragic hero - is noble and in many ways admirable, has a tragic flaw, a personal failing that leads to a tragic end.
- A comedy is a play that ends happily
- The main characters in a comedy can be anyone
- Comic complications always occur before the conflicts resolved
- In most cases the play ends in a wedding
- In most cases it's a romantic/love story.
- Thrust stage is a stage with 3 sides
- There are usually 6 roles, actor, director, light stage, stage crew, and prop crew/team.