The Ram Reminder ~Families~
8th Edition 3.2.23
Dear Greene County Elementary Families and Students,
We had a VERY busy month of February at GCE!
- February 8 - Laura Ernst, the circus performer sponsored by the Greene County Librarian's Association and the Greene County Board of Supervisors performed for our students in the afternoon.
- February 15 - Cheered on our State Wresting Qualifiers before they wrestled at the State Wrestling Meet.
- February 17 - Mrs. Hinote received 7 well deserved pies in the face! Our GCE family really came together for PAWS and donated MANY Tshirts.
- February 28 & March 2 - Connecting with families during Parent-Teacher Conferences
- February 27-March 3 Read Across America Week accompanied by dress up days.
- You also cannot forget to throw in a few delays, early outs, and no school days due to weather. I believe spring is just around the corner!
A huge THANK YOU to families for showing up during conferences on Tuesday night! If you missed conference sign up-please contact our office to schedule a conference tonight with your child's teacher. We are excited to see the rest of our families!
Lost & Found
We have MUCH lost with high hopes it can be FOUND at GCE!
Please check out the LOST & FOUND at school to see if you are missing any clothing or winter gear. We will be donating the remaining items on Friday, March 3.
Safety Drill Communication
Greene County Schools wants to keep you up to date on our building-wide safety drills. I will be sending an email and text message to all parents/guardians 1 day prior to a safety drill we will be having at school. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Thanks!
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- 3.2 Parent-Teacher Conferences 4-7:30
- 3.10 2nd, 3rd, 4th Grade Field trips to Stephens Auditorium, Ames
- 3.11-3.20 SPRING BREAK-No School
- 3.23 2nd Grade Concert @ HS Auditorium, 6:15pm
- 3.23 3rd Grade Concert @ HS Auditorium, 7:30
- 3.28-30 ISASP Testing (3rd & 4th Grade only)
- 3.29 NO SCHOOL for PK & Head Start
- 4.6 4th Grade Concert @ HS Auditorium, 6:30
- 4.10 District NO SCHOOL