Laburnum Community Connection
Family Edition - August 30, 2020
Laburnum families, we are so excited to start our school year with students in just a few days. Teachers are preparing and ready to meet their new cohort of students and provide rich learning experiences.
Please continue to read below for important information. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.
iPad & Chromebook Distribution - Additional Dates
If you missed the original distribution dates to pick up an iPad or Chromebook for your Pre-k - 5th grade student, you will need go to Wilder Middle School 6900 Wilkinson Road Henrico, VA 23227 at the bus loop. Monday 8-31-20 thru Friday 9 -4-20 between 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Any rising Kindergarten students that were issued an HCPS Chromebook this past Spring must bring the Chromebook and charger to be issued an iPad, case, and charger.
If you need assistance with your student's login/password or student I.D. number, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. A member from the HCPS technology team will respond to your request within 24 hours.
Back to School Forms
Families of students in all grade levels can complete those forms online by using the PowerSchool Parent Portal. Just follow these steps:
- Log on to your account in the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
Don’t have a parent portal account yet? Create one by going to the PowerSchool
section of this page: https://henricoschools.us/online-services/ and clicking on “ New
- Once logged in to PowerSchool, look for “Access Online Forms” on the left-hand side of the page.
- That will take you to “Rycor Online Forms” (part of a website known as “StudentQuickPay.com”)
- Find your student(s) name(s) as the top of the screen. Click on each name and carefully read then follow the instructions on the screen. Repeat this process for each student enrolled in HCPS.
Additionally, on your PowerSchool Parent Portal account you can now find your child’s log-in information for their device (iPad/Chromebook/laptop) as well as Clever. For elementary students this will include your child’s Username, Password, Email, Lunch ID, and Student Number. For middle/high school students this will include your child’s Username, Email, Lunch ID, and Student Number.
If you have not created your PowerSchool Parent Portal account or need to add an additional student to your account, please “Click Here” for step-by-step instructions.
If you encounter any issues with PowerSchool: Please email the help desk at email@example.com or call 804-328-5207. Para asistencia en español, llame al 804-527-4604.
If you encounter any issues with completing your forms: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Help may also be available by contacting your school with questions.
Resources for Families to Support Virtual Learning
- Laburnum Virtual Learning Website - During virtual learning, you can click on this website for information.
- Digital Learning Quick Guide
- Digital Learning Information for Elementary School Families
- HCPS Mission Forward 2020-21 Learning Plan: A Handbook for Families - A guide to help families understand and visualize what virtual learning will look like.
- HCPS Student Virtual Learning Support - This information is also linked to our Laburnum Virtual Learning website homepage
Learning Kit and Book Distribution
We have divided the schedule into grade levels to minimize the traffic. Please adhere to your child's grade level time. If you have students in multiple grade levels, select the time that is convenient for you.
When you arrive at the school, drive through the parking lot NOT the bus loop. Remain in your vehicle and open your trunk. Masks must be worn for this event.
9:00 - 10:00 - KG and 1st
10:00 - 11:00 - 2nd and 3rd
11:00 - 12:00 - 4th and 5th
Student Registration Update
If you or someone you know needs to enroll a student, you will need to call to schedule a registration appointment. All registrations will be by appointment ONLY. The school number is (804) 228-2720.
Additionally, if you need to update your contact information such as address, phone number, or email, please call us to let us know.