AJS Weekly Bison Tracks
September 23, 2022
- September 26, 6:30 p.m. - Annual General Meeting for Band in the Band Room
- September 29, 9:30 a.m. - Truth and Reconciliation Ceremony
- September 30 - National Day for Truth and Reconciliation (schools and Central Services closed)
- September 30 - Orange Shirt Day
- October 3-6 - Read In Week - Choose Your Own Adventure Theme
- October 5 - Word Teachers' Day
- October 5 - Wear Pink for Breast Cancer
- October 5, 2:16 p.m. - Early Dismissal
- October 7 - Professional Learning Day No Classes
- October 10 - Thanksgiving Day - School Closed
- October 11 - 5:30 p.m. - Jr High Awards in the Theater
- October 11 - 7:00 p.m. - Sr High Awards in the Theater
- October 12 - Picture Retakes
- October 12 - Wear Pink for Breast Cancer
- October 14 - Mount Royal University lunch booth
- October 19 - Wear Pink for Breast Cancer
- October 26 - Wear Pink for Breast Cancer
Yearbooks have arrived
Read In Week - October 3 - 6
Award-winning Sherwood Park author Katie Bickell is coming to AJS
Award-winning Sherwood Park author Katie Bickell is coming to AJS to do a flash fiction workshop! Students will be taught all the ins and outs of fiction writing and even have a piece of mini fiction completed by the end of the session. Additionally, Miss McFadden will periodically post some of her favorite “Choose Your Own Adventure” books on Instagram.
IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Grade 7 Science French Immersion
Studying human predator impacts on candy species.
Math 10C French Immersion
Taking indirect measurements in trigonometry.
Grade 7 Science French Immersion
Studying human predator impacts on candy species.
School Council and Canadian Parents for French – Ardrossan Chapter
Welcome and thank you to our
Canadian Parents for French – Ardrossan Chapter
We look forward to our work together to continue to make Ardrossan great!
AJS School Council
Chair- Jennie March
Vice-Chair- Jackie Anderson
Secretary- Wendy Marty
COSC Representative- Kim Birkigt
Canadian Parents For French
President- Chelsea Pretzlaw
Vice-President- Tanya Doran
Secretary- Ady Arbuckle
Treasurer- Val Uliac
Media Relations/Social Media-. Connie Hamelin
Jr. Sr. High School Liaison- Vania Lloyd
Important - Permission Click forms
Look for your Permission Click forms:
Student Health and Safety Contract
Student Responsible Technology Use Agreement
Thank you for your attention to this matter
Update your PowerSchool information
The EIPS Correction and Verification Form is now available online through your PowerSchool Parent Portal. Use the form to access and update your child’s records information—including address, parent and guardian information, emergency contacts and medical information. Reviewing the form and submitting updates ensures the school has the most up-to-date information regarding your child.
When reviewing the form, pay close attention to all listed phone numbers, email addresses and emergency contact information. Also, if you recently moved, now is the time to ensure the Division has your updated address. Throughout the year, the Division and school uses the listed information to communicate with families about important information, including updates, the latest news and event.
Review and update the form by Sept. 22, 2022.
For more information about the PowerSchool Correction and Verification Form, contact the school office at 780-922-2228.
Sync the School Calendar to your calendar
Did you know you can sync the school calendar to your own calendar? You can. Simply, visit https://www.ardrossan.ca/calendar and click on the applicable subscription option:
· Download to iCal
· Add to Google Calendar
· Subscribe to Calendar
NOTE: Options are located above the calendar.
Once you click on the desired subscription option, follow the instructions. Within seconds, your calendar will contain all Ardrossan Jr-Sr High School’s important dates including holidays, school-closures days, planned activities, events and more.
Please scan the QR code to fill in the online form to recieve your parking pass. Passes will be available during lunch in the office.
• Traffic flow is one way entering and exiting the new student parking lot.
• Grade 12's can park in any of the parking stalls available.
We have reserved the parking stalls highlighted in pink as the "Grade 12 Only". These include all of the plug in stalls except for the 3 highlighted in blue for staff. This will be enforced.
Grade 10/11 students may park in any of the areas highlighted in orange.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED YOUR PARKING STICKER PLEASE ENSURE IT IS VISIBLE WHILE IN THE SCHOOL PARKING LOT.
Ardrossan Music Parents' Society - AMPS
Hello Bison Band Parents!
The World's Finest Chocolate Sales have been fantastic! We actually had to order in 25 more cases of chocolates! There are cases of Chocolate Covered Almonds, Mint Meltaways or assorted chocolates: Caramel Whirls and assorted bars (Chocolate Almond, Chocolate Wafer, Chocolate Crisp). All are guaranteed 100% Peanut Free. Cases can be purchased from Mr. B for $90 (30 items/case) via etransfer, cash or cheque. Payment must be received before cases can be released. Each box of chocolates is only $3.00 and can be purchased from band students!
Remember that this fundraiser is a Student Band Account fundraiser - so for every case your Band Student sells, $15 goes into their own band account to be used towards band camp, trips, and festivals! It's a win-win! Pick up a case or two and sell them at your work, to family, friends and neighbours. You might even want to stock up for Thanksgiving and Halloween! We look forward to your support! If you have any questions, please contact Mr. B or the AMPS President (AMPSpres@gmail.com).
Also, a friendly reminder about AMPS' AGM this coming Monday, September 26th in the band room at 6:30 pm. Board elections will be taking place with all positions being open for nominations:
Secretary, Treasurer, and
Our Board is volunteer-driven and the only way we can keep supporting the band program is if YOU give of your time and run for board positions. Many board members have children phasing out of the school at the end of this year, so new board members are needed to continue this great work! If you're not able to run for a board position, we always welcome new faces at our board meetings, and we are always looking for help with events and fundraisers. We'd love to have you involved!
A huge THANK YOU to band parents who have already submitted their AMPS Membership Form! If you haven't sent yours in yet, please complete it and either email it back to AMPSPres@gmail.com or send it to Mr. B! AMPS is a society and only 'members' can be involved.
The AMPS board is also in the process of activating an Instagram and Facebook page so that we can connect with you on social media! We will share fundraiser info, pictures of the kids, and any band info Mr. B would like to share. Once we have the pages running, we'll share the info so that you can like the pages and stay current on all band and AMPS news!
Lastly, we have another great fundraiser coming your way! AMPS and the band students will be selling BEAR TRACKS ICE MELT! Who doesn't need ice melt in our climate?! This is a special fundraiser offered to non-profits by Nutrien Ag Solutions in Fort Saskatchewan. The ice melt is sold in 16 kg pails (35 pounds) and is safe on concrete and vegetation, pet friendly, safe and fast acting, and long lasting. Each pail will sell for $30 and AMPS receives almost 50% of that (about $13/pail). The fundraiser will launch next week so expect to see more details in the coming days. We will have order forms and product information for students. Payment can be through etransfer, cash or cheque (made payable to AMPS). Start asking your family, friends, and co-workers if they want to stalk up on ice melt this year! It's supposed to be a winter with higher than normal levels of snow. Be sure you get your orders in!
Yours in Music,
Post Secondary School Visits
EIPS Career Pathways
The September 2022 Career Pathways News is now available.
What is Career Pathways? Career Pathways is a Division model designed to foster the growth of every student by supporting their journey from early learning through high school completion and beyond. From kindergarten through to Grade 12, students develop awareness of self and discover possibilities for life beyond school through competency-focused experiences. Students will have the opportunity to learn about themselves, explore multiple career possibilities, set goals and make plans.
Why is Career Pathways important? Career Pathways is designed to help students develop a curiosity about the world around them, develop a personal inventory of strengths and interests, and learn how to build upon them. Through purposeful, student-centred activities and experiences connected to curricular outcomes, teachers in all grades will encourage students to develop the transferable skills required for success in the future.
The Career Pathways model encourages student, caregiver and teacher conversations to learn about self-reflection, goal setting and creating a personal skills inventory. Career Pathways fosters an environment where parents and guardians, as well as the local community, are seen as partners in education. Opportunities to build and demonstrate competencies essential for work and life is the foundation for Career Pathways planning in the classroom.
- September 22 - 24 - Jr Jr Boys EIAA Volleyball Tournament
- September 22 - 24 - Jr Jr Girls EIAA Volleyball Tournament
- September 22, 6:30 p.m. - Jr. Varsity Women's Volleyball vs. Leduc @ Leduc
- September 23 - 24 - Sr. Varsity Men's Volleyball Center Classic Tournament @ EVP Center
- September 23 - 24 - Sr. Varsity Women's Volleyball Dragons Invitational Tournament @ Didsbury High School
- September 26, 5:30 p.m. - Sr. Varsity Men's Volleyball vs. Albert @ AJS
- September 26, 5:30 p.m. - Sr. Varsity Women's Volleyball vs. Dr. Anne Anderson @ Dr. Anne Anderson
- September 27, 3:30 p.m. - Jr Sr Boys Volleyball vs Cloverbar @ AJS
- September 27, 3:30 p.m. - Jr Sr Girls Volleyball vs. Cloverbar @ AJS
- September 27, 5:30 p.m. - Jr. Varsity Woman's Volleyball vs Austin O'Brien @ Austin O'Brien
- September 28, 3:30 p.m. - Jr Jr Girls Volleyball vs St. Theresa @ AJS
- September 28, #:30 p.m. - Jr Jr Boys Volleyball vs St. Theresa @ AJS
- September 28, 5:00 p.m. - Bison Football vs. Holy Trinity @ Ft Saskatchewan Taurus Field
- September 28, 5:00 p.m. - Sr. Varsity Men's Volleyball vs Lillian Osborn @ AJS
- September 28, 6:30 p.m. - Sr. Varsity Women's Volleyball vs St. Andre Bessette @ AJS