The Lion's Share Newsletter
Gearing Up for the 2021-2022 School Year!
From the Desk of Mr. Miller:
I hope this update finds you enjoying the last week of summer enjoying your family time! I am excited to hear about all of the adventures our Lions went on during summer!
I know that you may have some questions as the beginning of our school year is quickly approaching. I wanted to reach out with the hopes of answering some of those questions and to share some other important information.
Please visit our school website at https://www.d11.org/grant for school supply lists.
Finally, my monthly communication, The Lion's Share Newsletter, will come out at the beginning of each month with pictures, updates, important information, and school happenings. Please be sure to have your email updated with the front office, check out Class Dojo (coming soon!), and 'like' us on Facebook at Grant Elementary School D11.
As always, if you still have some questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.
We are excited to see you and your Lion(s) soon!
Principal, Grant Elementary
IMPORTANT START OF THE YEAR DATES!
Monday, August 16th: First day of school! Please have your Lion here at the school ready for their first day at 7:45! Students should go to the exterior classroom door.
Thursday, August 26th: Open House! Families with the last name A-L 4:00-5:00. Families with the last name M-Z 5:00-6:00.
As you are well aware, COVID continues to impact many of our daily routines. Last year, numerous procedures in in place to ensure a safe and clean learning environment. While we will be eliminating some of those practices, others will still be in place. Please know that our procedures can change quickly based on CDC and El Paso County Health requirements. As these changes happen, we will be sure to communicate them with you.
- Masks are required for any person riding public transportation which includes our school busses. If your child rides the bus to or from school they will have to wear a mask while on the bus.
- Masks are highly recommended indoors for everyone regardless of vaccination status but they are not required.
- Those students or staff that choose to wear a mask will be allowed to do so - they will not be required to take them off by anyone in the school.
- If a student or adult is showing symptoms of being ill, especially those that are consistent with COVID, they are highly encouraged to stay home.
- If symptoms are not resolved within 48 hours then the symptomatic person would be required to get a COVID test to return. If negative, and symptoms are getting better, they could return.
Positive or Presumed Positive:
- If someone tests positive for COVID-19 they will be required by public health to isolate for a minimum of 10 days.
- They may return to school on day 11 IF they have no fever and symptoms are getting better. We know that not all symptoms may go away within the 10 day isolation window so we will work with families on what steps need to be taken.
- Families must report positive cases or exposure to positive cases to the school so that we can take appropriate actions within the building.
- Due to the nature of COVID-19 and its spread, quarantines are still possible during the 2021-2022 school year.
- We have more guidance on targeted quarantines and hope to be able to keep students in school as much as possible and not have to quarantine entire classes, grade levels, etc.
- Should there be a need to quarantine we will alert families as quickly as possible so that you can make arrangements as needed.
School Cleaning Practices/Student Hygiene:
- The staff at Grant will continue to maintain our cleaning practices that were enhanced last year.
- Multiple times daily we sanitize common areas (i.e., restrooms) and commonly touched surfaces.
- Classrooms are all provided a soap/water and mild detergent for sanitizing opportunities during the school day.
- Nightly, when students and staff are gone, we use stronger cleaning solution to sanitize all classrooms, offices, restrooms, etc.
- Our ventilation system will continue to work at 150% airflow to keep fresh air consistently moving through the building.
Meals for the 2021-2022 School Year
Click here for monthly menus: https://www.d11.org/Page/921
We still encourage every family to fill out the application for "Free or Reduced" rates as that does have an impact on our school and our district with funding. Nearly all of Grant's funding comes from our Title budget! It also can help qualify a family for EBT funds that they may need. To fill out the form please click the link below and submit your information:
Technology for 2021-2022
Kinder-2nd grade students will receive an iPad and students in grades 3rd-5th will receive a Google Chromebook. Students will be taught how to use the devices here at school. If you have questions or are needing some tech support, please contact our Library Technology Educator, Mrs. Baldwin at email@example.com or call her at 719.328.5724.