Full-Year Distance Learning (FYDL)
Wednesday Newsletter #17 December 9, 2020
For Families Interested in the Hybrid Learning Model Change for the Remainder of the 20/21 School Year
In November, Dr. Austin wrote in his weekly update that principals would share the process for requesting a learning model change to begin in January. Please know that a change in the learning model will be based on space availability and will be the final class placement for the 20-21 school year. If you are interested in the Hybrid Learning Model at your home school site, please complete the Google Form located on your home school site’s newsletter by 12/14/20 at 5 pm.
· Parents will receive notification by 12/18/20, pending availability, of their child’s new placement.
· New class assignments will begin on January 7, 2021, and are considered the final placement of the 20/21 school year.
- Please note that principals may be required to prioritize placement for students with academic and/or social-emotional needs should space availability be limited.
If you have questions, please email me at email@example.com
Materials Distribution this Friday, 12/11 from 2 pm- 4pm. Location: Greendell Elementary
Some families will receive an email from their teacher inviting them to visit Greendell this Friday,12/11, from 2 pm -4 pm to pick up another round of supplies.
Please follow the "Walk-Up Instructions" outlined below.
*Remember, each teacher will email their families to alert them if this "Supply/Materials Distribution" is one you need to attend. If you do not receive an email, then you are not scheduled to pick-up supplies at this time.
Greendell School Materials Walk-Up Instructions
Please drive to Greendell Elementary and follow the steps outlined below:
- Please park your car.
- Please wear a mask.
- Please walk up to the indicated area on the map as "START HERE."
- Please follow the direction of the arrows. It is one-way only.
- Please pick up your child's materials, sorted by teacher, on the table(s) outside the MP Room.
- Please maintain 6ft distance from others at all times.
- Please return to your car once you reach the area indicated on the map as "END HERE" and leave campus.
Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten - Information for New Families
PAUSD Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten Information Nights. All families are welcome to join. The 2021 meetings will take place via the Zoom Webinar platform.
Below meetings are exactly the same, so parents need not attend both although they certainly may do so if desired.
- Wednesday, January 13, 2021 from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. (Zoom info TBD)
- Thursday, January 21, 2021 from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. (Zoom info TBD)
REGISTRATION for 2020-2021
Registration begins January 4, 2021
Families with children who are not currently enrolled with PAUSD, and want to enroll a child to attend a PAUSD school starting in August 2021, must follow all the instructions at the PAUSD Enrollment web site starting on January 4: www.pausd.org/Enrollment. If you have any questions about if you should enroll your child, please send an email to RegistrationServices@pausd.org.
Educational Technology Platforms and Tools
Understanding the multiple tools students use for distance learning can be challenging. The resources provided on the PAUSD website, Supporting Learning at Home on the Educational Technology: Platforms and Tools page, are intended to give parents and guardians an introduction to the most important learning tools in PAUSD including Infinite Campus, Schoology, Zoom, Clever, and Seesaw (PK-3rd grade). Every day students should begin school by logging on to Rapid Identity, PAUSD’s single sign-on portal, at id.pausd.org. Parents and guardians should also access all PAUSD tools and apps from id.pausd.org as well. For technology questions or support please submit help tickets through Let’s Talk from the PAUSD website: https://www.pausd.org/school-life/participate/lets-talk.
December 18th Spirit Day: Warm & Cozy Pajama Day!
Minimum Day: December 18th, early dismissal.
REEL is excited to launch the “Living and Learning 2e” Blog Series featuring twice exceptional, neurodivergent teenagers and young adults telling their stories, offering guidance, and charting paths into the future. These are the stories of what works and what could be different from 2e, neurodivergent teens and young adults themselves - in their own voices.
POSTPONED!!-- Home Site Picture Day
Due to COVID concerns, the following picture days have been postponed. I will include the new dates in the upcoming newsletters.
- Fairmeadow- NEW DATE! After some lengthy communications with the county and our district, it was decided to cancel this Friday’s Picture Day. The good news is, there is a new date in the books. Please pencil in February 5, 2021, as a reschedule.
- Escondido- Canceled! New dates for 2021 will be announced soon.
As I learn more about the home site picture dates, I will add them to our newsletter.
Stanford Parenting Center
Reminder! Greendell for Attendance
The attendance email is firstname.lastname@example.org. This is the best way for a parent to report an absence.
The office phone is (650) 856-0833. Voicemails left on this phone number will be forwarded to the Greendell office staff.
FDL What'sApp Group
FDL on Facebook!
Direct Link to your Home elementary site
Herbert Hoover Elementary
Juana Briones Elementary
L.M Nixon Elementary
Palo Verde Elementary
Walter Hays Elementary