2021 Kindergarten Round-Up
Welcoming Weston's Incoming Kindergarteners
Greetings Future Kindergarten Parents!
If you're reading this, it is likely that your child is soon to become a Kindergartener. This is an exciting time for parents and children! Therefore, we are pleased to announce our upcoming Kindergarten Round-Up. This will be conducted by appointment and will allow us to meet students, obtain Kindergarten screening data, gain parent input, collect required documents and provide some information on programming and technology. Appointments will occur during the week of March 15, at Weston Elementary.
Kindergarten students must be five by September 1, 2021. If you feel your child is ready for school, but turns five between September 2 and December 1, 2021, he or she may still be eligible for Kindergarten with a waiver.
TO ENROLL, PLEASE CALL WESTON ELEMENTARY at 810-591-8483 or CLICK HERE, TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT.
Registration will take place the week of March 15, by appointment. Appointments will be held at Weston. (Please use the entrance around the back of the building.) All incoming students should attend. Additionally, parents should bring all required documents listed below.
1. A certified copy of your child's birth certificate (with raised seal)
2. Immunization Records
3. Three (3) Proofs of Residency if not School of Choice (rental/mortgage statement, utility bills...)
4. School of Choice Students may register at this time and will need to bring their completed School of Choice Application (This can be obtained during the week of March 8, when the district's School of Choice window opens. Please call 591-7611.)
5. Driver’s License of Parent/Guardian
6. Copy of IEP, if applicable
We look forward to meeting our new students! On the date and time of your appointment, please come to the rear entrance at Weston.
Social distancing & Safety Protocols
You are asked to reschedule if, on the day of your appointment, you/your child answer “yes” to the following questions:
1. Do you live with anyone or have you had close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
2. Do you or your child(ren) have any signs of communicable illness such as a cold/flu, fever, cough and/or shortness of breath?