Theme 1 Week 1 My School and Me
Week of Sept. 8
8:15-8:30 Morning Greeting Circle
STAR Breathing and Name Chant
What's your name?(Child answers)
I've got a name
and you've got a name.
What's your name? (Everyone says the child's name.)
8:30-9:30 Small Group and Centers
Talk about Center and Small Group Rotation
Practice what to do when timers go off and when they hear clean up song.
Small Group: Name Puzzles
Centers: Red Group- Tile Centers Blue Group- Carpet Centers
Teaching Classroom Rules
Routines to Work On
- Putting on your mask
- Washing your hands.
- Coughing and sneezing into your elbow
- Walking in a line
- Staying in your space (6ft apart)
- Sitting Criss Cross on the floor
- Sitting in a chair with feet in front of you.
9:15-9:30 Restroom Breaks
9:30-10:00 Outdoor Learning
Dog and Bone pg 194
Duck, Duck, Goose pg 194
Drop the Handkerchief pg 194
- Talk about what an author does(writes the words), what the illustrator does(draw the pictures), point to the title(name of the book).
- Where do you start reading? ( top to bottom, left to right)
Putting Names on the Word Wall Talk about beginning letters in each students names.
10:50-11:00 Wash Hands for Lunch
11:30-11:45 Brush Teeth and Restroom
11:45-12:00 Story Time
1:00-1:15 Snack and Restroom
1:15-1:45 Math and Science
- Turn on Water.
- Wet Hands.
- Add Soap.
- Make bubbles on top,palms, between fingers, and wrists.
- Take one towel.
- Dry Hands.
- Use towel to turn off faucet.
- Toss towel in the trash.
Discuss that germs make people sick.