The Bruin Blast
Labor Omnia Vincit
A Note from the Principal
You will be receiving an email from Dr. Kirby Goidel about the climate survey. As we close the year we ask that each of you please take time to complete the survey. We will use this survey as a planning tool for next year. Please remember that the survey helps the District and ourselves aware of areas we may need to continue to grow and areas in which we do well. Please take the survey thinking holistically versus thinking of one circumstance. Our goal is that 100% of Blanton Faculty and Staff complete the survey. Thank you in advance for helping to make Blanton better!
Have a great week!
Hard Work Conquers ALL!!!
Action Plan/ Campus Improvement Plan
A few reminders:
The action plan is now called the Campus Improvement Plan. The campus action plan has the priorities listed on each of the pages as a key action/ goal. I have written them below for your convenience. They are also referred to as priorities.
Key Action 1 –
Strengthen the process of curriculum alignment. District Key Action #3 - Expand teacher professional development
Key Action 2 –
Improve the quality of instruction by increasing classroom rigor and student engagement District Key Action #5: Rigor- Implement rigorous curriculum and engaging educational practices and experiences
Key Action 3 –
Close the achievement gap through the use of data and interventions. District Key Action #6: Strengthen early childhood education
- Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement.
- Effective instruction makes the most difference in student academic performance.
- There is no excuse for poor quality instruction.
- With our help, at risk students will achieve at the same rate as non-at risk students.
- Staff members must have a commitment to children and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.