A newsletter for LMES teachers, parents, and students
Shop the Scholastic Book Fair
Money raised helps our school purchase new library books and research databases.
- Teacher Preview: November 6 from 2:45-4:00
- Class Preview Days: November 7-8 from 8:00-2:30
- Sales Days: November 12-14 from 7:15-3:00
- *Family Evening Event (Nov. 12) from 4:00-6:15
ADD 8% SALES TAX TO ALL PURCHASES.
Fore more information, visit our book fair homepage.
eBooks and Audiobooks added to our Library Collection!
Follett eBooks can be accessed through FollettShelf.
- Open the library catalog (from school or home) and click on the FollettShelf icon.
- Login with the generic student account or your teacher account. Email Mrs. Matney for account info.
- Search for the title you want. You will see if the title is available or currently in use.
- Follett eBooks can also be accessed through the Follett Enlight app. You'll need to login with the same username and password AND type in Wbb11101 into the FolletShelf URL bar.
Audiobooks can be accessed through Catalist Digital.
- Go to catalistdigital.com/students
- Login with the generic school account. Email Mrs. matney for account info.
- Search or browse by title or author.
- Audiobooks can also be accessed through the Catalist Digital app. Books you want to check out will download to your device and automatically check themselves in after 14 days.
November is Picture Book Month
Each day, an author/illustrator, our Picture Book Month Champion, is listed. On that day he/she has an essay posted on the Picture Book Month website about the importance of picture books. (Remember, you're never too old for a good picture book!) Each day is also marked with a theme. Use these daily themes to share a picture book with a child.
Lightning News Airs Thursdays!
SC Book Award Challenge
Congratulations to those students who met the first reading goal of the year. There were a total of 931 book reviews turned in so far! That's a lot of reading!! The next goal will be December 6 to reach a total of 6 nominee books. Remember students, if you didn't reach the first goal, you can still try to catch up to meet the next goal. See Mrs. Matney or visit the LMES website for more information - http://www.lexrich5.org/webpages/lmesmedia/index.cfm.
Book Fair Family Evening Event
Tuesday, Nov. 12th, 4-6:15pm
1531 Three Dog Rd
Visit us online!
The mission of the Lake Murray Elementary Media Program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information and to empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, ethical users of information, and productive users of technology.