CFL's August Family Newsletter
July 28, 2023
A Note from Mrs. Frees
Dear CFL Parents,
Welcome to the new school year! We are thrilled to have you and your children as part of our school community. As we embark on this journey together, we want to express our commitment to providing a nurturing and stimulating environment where your child can thrive academically and personally.
Our dedicated team of teachers and staff is eager to support and guide your child's learning and development. We believe that education is a collaborative effort, and your active involvement in your child's education is invaluable.
Throughout the year, we have planned exciting and engaging activities to encourage creativity, critical thinking, and a love for learning. We will also prioritize building strong character traits and fostering positive relationships among students, teachers, and parents.
Open communication is vital, and we encourage you to reach out to us with any questions, concerns, or ideas you may have. Together, we can ensure a successful and rewarding school experience for your child.
Thank you for entrusting us with the education and growth of your child. We look forward to a fantastic year filled with learning, fun, and memorable experiences!
Please join us for our Open House on Friday, August 11th at 6:00 p.m. We will be serving an ice cream treat and teachers are looking forward to meeting their new students.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the school! Our office opens August 2nd and we will be available to answer any questions you may have. Veronica Duran and Miriam Baltazar, our wonderful secretaries, are in the office Tuesday through Friday and can be reached from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. If you have any questions, please call the school at (970) 285-5702.
To find out your child's teacher, please call the office and/or attend Open House.
CFL Start and End Times for 23/24 School Year
We are a four (4) day school week
Tuesdays to Friday
1st Morning Bell rings at 7:30 a.m.
End of Day bell rings at 3:15 p.m.
The app provides timely notifications and offers ready access to lunch menus, bus route information, calendar information, and school form access among the many other options. This is a "one-stop-shop."
Download the app now and start customizing your access to your school(s).
Check Out our CFL website
There is lots of info on our LIVE FEED.
If you have any questions regarding transportation, please call the our Transportation Director, Steve Gardener, at the Transportation office (970) 285-5700 ext. 5130.
If your child will be riding the bus, please fill out the Bus Registration Form that will go home in Tuesday Folders on the 1st Day of School. They will also be available at our Back to School Night on August 11th.
For the safety of your children, we requirw that all CFL students be accompanied by a parent or designated person at the bus stop in the morning until the child boards the bus. If a student is unattended when the bus arrives the Transportation Director will call the parent and after 3 times, your child will be suspended from transportation services.
All CFL students must also be met at the bus stop at the end of the day by an adult or designated person. Students who are not picked up by an adult will continue on the bus back to the BUS LOT (located next to GVHS). Kindergarten and First Grade students are not responsible or aware enough to be left at the bus stop in the morning or afternoon on their own.
If you have questions or need any additional information, please call the our Transportation Director, Steve Gardener, at the Transportation office (970) 285-5700 ext. 5130.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When is the 1st day of School?
- Answer: Tuesday, August 15th and 16th are our K-1 Pre- Assessment days. Your child is scheduled for either a morning or afternoon time. Scheduled times were sent last week. If you did not get one please all the CFL office at 285-5702. K-1 Student's first full day is August 17th. Pre School's 1st Day is August 22nd.
Q: What are school start and end times?
- Answer: K-1 The first bell rings at 7:30 We end our day at 3:15
- Answer: Pk start time is 7:40 and ends at 3:10
Q: Who is my student's teacher?
- Answer: You should have met your child's teacher at our transition day in May. If you are new to the district or didn't attend our transition day you can call our office to find out your student's teacher. (970) 285-5702.
Q: How soon should I get a background check?
- Answer: A background check is valid for the entire school year, so we recommend getting a background check in August, which will last the entire school year?
Q: Do I need a background check to volunteer at CFL?
- Answer: Yes. Volunteering in any capacity, you need a background check.
Q: Do I need a background check to attend Back to School Open House or an evening concert/event at CFL?
- Answer: No. These activities are not during school hours, and therefore you do not need a background check.
Q: Do I need a background check to attend an off-site field trip with my student?
- Answer: Yes. All fieldwork/field trips are considered an extension of the classroom and require a background check.
Q: What school supplies will my child need?
- Answer: Some supplies are provided by Garfield 16. Check out our website or this newsletter to find the school supplies that families need to purchase.
Q: How much do school breakfasts and lunches cost?
- Answer: At CFL all students benefit from a free breakfast and lunch grant obtained through the efforts of our Garfield 16 Nutrition Department. In order to continue to qualify for this grant, we need all families to fill out the Free and Reduced Lunch Packet, regardless of family income.
Q: Can my child ride a bus to school?
- Answer: Yes! We have bus routes for CFL K-1 students which can be found online Please contact our director of transportation, Steve Gardner, for any questions or for more information at (970) 285-5700 ext 5130. We do not provide transportation for PK students.
Q: What kind of technology will my child have access to?
- Answer: All students at CFL will have their own Chromebook. They will be able to take their Chromebooks home with them. We highly encourage you to purchase Chromebook insurance to protect you in case of accidental damage. Technology insurance forms will be sent home with students on the 1st day of school and are also available using this link: Chromebook Insurance. Please return the insurance form and payment to the CFL office as soon as possible.
Q: Will there be a back-to-school event this year?
- Answer: Yes! Open House for CFL Kindergarten and 1st Grade students will be Monday, August 11th from-6:00 pm- 7:00 pm .Back to school night for Preschool will be August 17th from 4::00-5:00
Q: I didn't see my question here, who do I ask?
- Answer: You are always welcome to call our office at (970) 285-5702. You are also always welcome to reach out to our school principal, Mrs. Frees, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and she will get back to you as soon as possible.