Lothrop Elementary & Middle Level School May 9, 2019
Below are the Known end of Year Dates. Please check weekly for new information.
- May 10th: Grandfriends Tea
- May 13-17: 5/6 Shakespeare Experience
- May 14th: Crime not to Read-Grades K-2
- May 14th: OV Music Tour
- May 15th: Caverly Conferences
- May 16th: Transition Day for Grade 6-8:45 AM-10:30 AM
- May 17th: Friday Assembly @ 8:00 AM-Hosted by Stever and Integrated Arts
- May 17th: Kinder to Wonderfeet
- May 17th: Memorial Day Writings Due
- May 18th: Car Wash Fundraiser to benefit the grades 5/6 class trip to Boston
- May 21st: Kinder to Castleton University to see the Joshua Show
- May 21st-May 22nd: Vermont Science Assessment
- May 22nd: Public Works Day-Classes to visit Town Garage
- May 23rd: Kinder-Grade 2 to Community Garden-8:00 AM-10:00 AM
- May 24th: Memorial Day Assembly-Hosted by Middle Level
- May 27th: No School
- May 28th: Grades 1-2 to Montshire
- May 29th: Whole School Celebration-SSHHHH a surprise Super Hero Day
- May 30th: Middle Level to visit home of Phineas Gage
- May 31st: Friday Assembly @ 8:00 AM-Large Group Awards
- May 31st: Caverly Graduation@ Lothrop Gym
- June 3rd: Panther Palooza
- June 3rd: 6th Grade Student/Parent Night @ OV-TBD
- June 4th: Panther Palooza Rain Date
- June 4th: Kinder Concert @ 6:30 PM
- June 5th-7th: Grades Kinder- 2 to Community Garden-Scheduled days and times
- June 6th: Grade 1-2 to Magic School Bus
- June 7th: Grade 6 to Boston
- June 7th: Caverly 3 Year old Celebration @ Caverly
- Week of June 10th: Pre-K Screening
- June 12th: Awards Assembly
- June 13th: 6th Grade Final Walk of the Halls
- June 13th: 6th Grade Graduation @ 6:30 PM
- June 14th: Last Day of School
Pre-K and Childcare Update and Clarification
In order to clarify, here are the plans for next school year:
*We will be offering a 10 hour pre-k program at Caverly next year.
*If we are able to obtain a child care partner, there will be a second pre-k program in Lothrop School with wrap around child care to provide a full day option.
*LEAP (afterschool programming) will move into the school
*The Blue House will be licensed to our Head Custodian, Fred LaPlante.
At this point, Lothrop and Barstow have received two interested providers.
Lothrop Green Up Day
Thank you to everyone who came out to Green-Up Lothrop and Caverly! Can't wait to see our repurposed lilies and hostas around the building. Primary gardens are also ready to plant!
RNESU School Safety Planning
Integrated arts Column
Band & Chorus Concert
What is Happening in Art Class?
Look out for ceramic art pieces on there way home in school bags. Students have been hard at work making clay gifts and glazing them to bring home.
Kindergarten begins their color book and creates a collection of this years newly learned art-making techniques. The first project is yellow painted stars with positively glowing results.
First and Second Grade
First and Second grade were introduced to the art of sculpture and Alexander Calder in this activity.
Third and Fourth Grade
Third and Fourth graders are creating their very own Pittsford Rocks! Be on the lookout for them in your neighborhood and enjoy them by taking a picture of them and sharing them on facebook and instagram. Check out the facebook page Pittsford Rocks and watch as these rocks spread kindness all over.
Fifth and Sixth Grade
Fifth and sixth graders painted in the style of Peter Max, using bright and vibrant colors. Those paintings were then introduced to a black light and we discovered the properties necessary for making things glow underneath a black light.
5 de Mayo
What are the best privacy settings for my computer and cellphone?
Should I demand my kid's to his or her social media and apps?
What is the right age for parents to get their kids a cell phone?
A huge thank you to Kelly Connaughton, Wendy Carvey, Dana Johnson, Amanda Cook and Margaret Daly for working to advertise and acquire the baskets and helping with ticket sales. Another thank you to the families and businesses who donated the wonderful baskets. 56 Middle Level students will travel to Boston on June 7th!
Tools for School Points
New drum from the tools for schools points! Thank you!
A Special Thank You to the PTO for Purchasing Board Games!
Staff Appreciation Week -Thank you!
Thank you to Dana Johnson for making the Staff Brunch look absolutely amazing! Thank you to Blue Seal for donating flowers and seeds for staff. Thank you to Sue Ellen Steady for putting something special in staff mailboxes. Thank you to all the families that donated refreshments!
PTO elections on May 8th
Elected PTO officers for 2019-20 are:
President: Kelly Connaughton
Vice president: Laurie Pelkey
Co-vice president: open position
Secretary: Kayla Davine
Co-secretary: Valerie Clark
Treasurer: Thomas Desforges
Co-treasurer: Mary Desforges
We are offering a job share on the PTO officer positions. If you would like to split the duties with another person, the officers are willing to job share. firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be posting items/updates in the private group as well as the public page. Please 'like' our page and request to be added to the group (link).
We are always looking for folks willing to help with various tasks and events so please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to contribute.
Flagship Cinema Movie Coupon Books: $25 each, Expiration April 2020. We still have 5 books available.
Shop with Scrip
Do you buy gift cards? Did you know you can now buy gift cards and support Lothrop PTO at the same time? Win-win! Just sign up online and use our enrollment code: 885FA3A248458
Don't forget about the Lothrop PTO when you shop on Amazon smile. Follow the link and the PTO will get a portion of your purchase. Or search for Pittsford parent teacher on Amazon smile. Thank you! http://smile.amazon.com/ch/03-6011454
The Lothrop PTO meets the first Wednesday of the month in the Lothrop Library at 6:30pm. ALL Lothrop families are considered members of the PTO and are welcome to attend meetings. April meeting minutes click here
Lothrop PTO Officers for 2018-19 School Year
Kelly Connaughton -President
Laurie Flood Pelkey - Vice President
Stacey Greeno Pearsons - Secretary
Thomas Desforges - Treasurer
Flagship Cinema Booklets - ONLY 4 LEFT!
- Don't forget we have flagship Cinema movie coupon books $25 cash only.