January 15, 2018
Upcoming This Week:
Monday, January 15th
- School Holiday
Wednesday, January 17th
- 6th grade Reading Benchmark
- Teen 101 Shark Tank presentations
- Basketball pictures during athletics
Thursday, January 18th
- Lady Eagles basketball vs Tolar 4:30 p.m. at home
- Eagles basketball at Tolar 4:30 p.m. 7B, 8B, 7A, 8A
Friday, January 19th
- 5th grade UIL Awards 9:00 a.m. - cafeteria
- 6th grade UIL lAwards 9:30 a.m. - cafeteria
- 7th grade UIL Awards 10:00 a.m. - cafeteria
- 8th grade UIL Awards 10:30 a.m. - cafeteria
Saturday, January 20th
- Archery Shoot in Arlington - bus leaves at 1;00 p.m.
8th grade Parents
Information is also posted on the Class of 2022 Facebook page. Questions or concerns, please email Hollie Luce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brock PTC Fundraiser, January 24th: Come watch the Wizards take on Brock ISD Staff at Brock High School. Tickets are $10.00 - $30.00. Seating time starts at 6:00 p.m. & game time is at 7:00 p.m.
Advance tickets are $10 for Students, $12 for General Admission, $18 for Reserved seats, and $30 for Court Side Plus. If available, tickets at the door will cost $12 for Students and $15 for General Admission.
For online purchases, a service fee of $0.99 per ticket will be added to your final total.
THE ONLINE BOX OFFICE FOR THIS EVENT WILL CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT THE NIGHT BEFORE THE EVENT. If you purchase tickets online, you will receive your ticket via email. You MUST print the ticket(s) and bring them to the event. Your ticket will be scanned for entry.
Order Tickets Here:
January 25, 2018 - Carter Blood Drive hosted at BHS library 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
The Annual Dodgeball Tournament is scheduled for Friday, February 9th at BHS. More information to come.
Summer Reading Books: If you have books from this summer's reading that you no longer want to store, please feel free to donate those to the library. Questions about other possible book donations can be directed to Angela Grimm - email@example.com.
STAAR Testing Dates
7th grade Writing
5th & 8th grade Math
April 11th - Wednesday
5th & 8th grade Reading
May 7th - 11th
Algebra EOC - testing window - specific day TBD
May 14th - Monday
5th & 8th grade Math retest
6th & 7th grade Math
May 15th - Tuesday
5th & 8th grade Reading retest
6th & 7th grade Reading
May 16th - Wednesday
5th & 8th grade Science
May 17th - Thursday
8th grade History
**Please note that campus will be closed on testing days for all visitors. Plan accordingly for doctor/dentist appointments as students will not be removed from the testing classrooms for dismissal.**
Eagle Garden - something we are working toward.....
Our primary goal of the Eagle Outdoor Learning Center is to enrich the curriculum and support project-based and experiential learning. This outdoor learning center will allow for all levels of students to engage in agricultural practices on a small scale, learning about the responsibilities and impacts of land cultivation. We are currently in the planning phase of the Eagle Outdoor Learning Center but would welcome any community support to help get this off the ground and to fruition by the start of next school year. Please direct questions/ideas/support to Nancy Beaty @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Dress Code Concerns
There are a few things that need to be specifically addressed that seem to be consistent:
- Boys: The biggest concern we see is boys that have long hair that extends below the eyebrow but they push it to the side so that it is not in front of their eyes. This is not in compliance with the policy. If the hair extends below the eyebrows then it is too long.
- Girls: There are lots of cute tops that are being worn that have large v-neck cuts that are showing the girls undergarments underneath. There should be no undergarment item showing on the young ladies.
The Dress Code Policy has not changed since last year, but if you need to reference it, click here and then scroll to page 37. If you have questions, please let us know.
Armed Forces Display
BJH Grading Policy
- Daily grades = 50%; tests/projects/major grades = 50%
- There will be a minimum of 8-10 daily grades each six weeks.
- There will be a minimum of 2-4 test/project/major grades each six weeks.
- Grades will be posted to parent portal no later than 1 week from the due date of the assignment
- Work missed as a result of an unexcused absence will receive a grade no higher than a 70.
*Individual teacher discretion regarding his/her late work policy.
BJH Lunch Times
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 12:30 p.m. - 1;00 p.m.
7th grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
8th grade 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.