Braves RISE Together Newsletter
Braves are who we are; Rise is what we do!
August 31, 2022 - Welcome!
This newsletter will contain Braves news, updates, sports, and information about activities and events. It will be published bi-monthly.
A Message from our Principal!
Greetings Braves Family,
Welcome to the start of a new school year at Indian River High School. As we begin a year of more normalcy, we anticipate many opportunities for our students to be involved in the academic setting, as well as in extracurricular activities. Our theme for this year is WE RISE. At Indian River High School, we want all our students to be Responsible, Involved, Safe, and Ethical.
Please take a moment to watch the brief message below involving our new cellphone policy. Have a great labor day weekend, and look forward to working with you and your students soon. As always, Braves are who we are, and RISE is what we do.
2022-2023 New Cellphone Policy at Indian River High School
Students will be required to adhere to the Chesapeake Public Schools Privately Owned Electronic Devices Policy (R 9-20.2) and the IRHS expectations listed below:
Students are not allowed to use their cellphones or other related electronic devices (smartwatches, earbuds, video recording devices, etc.) during the school day (8:55 a.m. to 3: 53 p.m.), except during lunchtime, while you are in the cafeteria only.
At lunch, while in the cafeteria, you may use your cell phone for audio use - one earbud only.
Phone conversations are prohibited at all times unless given direct one-time permission by a staff member.
Students in the building before 8:55 a.m. are allowed to use their cellphones or smartwatches and listen to music with only one earbud. At 8:55 a.m., your cell phone and other personal electronic devices must be put away and out of sight, and you may not use them again until lunch while you are in the cafeteria; this includes class transitions, trips to the restroom, etc.
Recording videos and taking photographs are prohibited at all times.
Violations of these Guidelines may result in the consequences listed below:
- 1st Offense: Warning
- 2nd Offense: Confiscation of device (returned to the student at 3:53 p.m. in the main office).
- 3rd Offense: Confiscation of device (returned to the parent in the main office).
- 4th Offense: Confiscation of device (returned to the parent plus 1 Day of ISS).
- 5th Offense: Confiscation of device (returned to the parent plus 2 Days of ISS).
- 6th Offense: Discipline to be determined (six or more offenses are considered defiance).
New Students to IRHS - Save the Date!
Please see the flyer below for more information.
2022 PSAT Test
The PSAT test this year is scheduled for Wednesday, October 12th. The PSAT is free for all 10th graders. The school schedule on Wednesday, October 12th, will be adjusted to allow every 10th grader to take the test. Students from grades 9 and 11 can opt to take the PSAT. Please see additional information below.
One Login and Password Help
- The CPS Help Desk assists all students, and parents of Virginia's Chesapeake Public Schools District with their technology questions and requests.
- The Help Desk provides a centralized place to find resources for all your technology questions as well as showcase the integration of technology throughout the school district.
- If you are having trouble accessing OneLogin or StudentVue or ParentVue, please access the CPS Help Desk for assistance.
IRHS 2022-2023 Bell Schedule
Please see below.
Time Students Are Allowed into the School in the Morning
Students may not enter the building prior to 8:40 a.m. Upon arrival, students should report directly to their homeroom classroom or directly to the food court for breakfast. Students may drop off instruments before they report to homeroom.
First Bell Rings at 8:55 a.m. Students are considered tardy after 9:00 a.m.
2022-2023 Student Dress Code
Please read the newly adopted Dress Code Policy recently revised by Chesapeake Public Schools. The new dress code policy will be effective beginning with the 2022 school year.
New E-hallpass System that IRHS will use this School Year
Important Information About Chromebooks and Student Passwords
Students will be issued a Chromebook on the first day of school. Full time CVA students may pick up a Chromebook in the main office during school hours. Students should bring the devices to school each day fully charged. Charging stations and/or cords are not available. Please review important items below:
- Students passwords are reset starting the school year. Please click HERE to learn how students should log in for the first time during the new school year.
- Review the CPS Student Chromebook Policies and Acceptable Use.
Breakfast and Lunch Meals At No Cost for the 2022-2023 School Year
Help IRHS Win $5000 to Help Support Our Students
More votes means more money for the students and faculty at your selected school, so tell all the parents, school administrators, and neighbors you know to get involved by sharing this link >>> voteforaschool.com.
How to Purchase Tickets
Tickets for high school athletic events must be purchased online using the GoFan website. GoFan sells mobile tickets for ALL high school athletic events – including all sports for home and away games. Purchasing tickets online permits fans to easily access and share tickets (email or text) without standing in line.
Click HERE to access the GOFAN website for IRHS to purchase your tickets.