May, June, July 2018
Here are a few reminders for a successful summer of reading!
- Everyday... Make a goal to spend at least 20 minutes reading! You can read by yourself, read with parents, read with a sibling, read to your dog... just read!
- Complete the calendar!.... Don't forget to complete the June and July reading calendars and bring them back to school in August! You will earn a level of PIR for each month that is complete!
- Come to school... Yes! In the summer! Bring a book and leave a book anytime at our Little Library outside and/or come to the Media Center Summer Nights to swap books and participate in fun reading activities with the teachers (see schedule below)!
- Choice... Choosing your own books is important! Make sure to pick books that you think are super cool and interesting so you are excited to read them!
Where to Get Books
- Summer Swap... You got a set of awesome books that you chose to take home this summer. Bring them back to the library this summer on Thursday nights to swap them out, or keep them and read them again! Remember to bring them back to school in August!
- Take 5... Come to the media center on Thursday summer nights to swap out your Take 5 books!
- FMES Little Library... Bring the whole family to 'take a book and leave a book' at the Little Library near the front doors! This is a great way to donate books you are done with while getting new ones to try out! The Little Library is ALWAYS open!
- My eClass Student Portal... Students can access Leveled Readers through the student portal! They can also access online texts through BookFlix, Pebble Go, and Tumblebooks by clicking on 'Online Resources', then 'Student'.
- MyOn Digital Reading Access... Click here to access the webpage. Enter "Get Georgia Reading" for the school name. The username is: gwinnettcounty and the password is: read
- Gwinnett County Public Library Summer Reading Program... Click here for info!
- Goodwill... Did you know paperback books are only $0.77 and hardcovers are only $2.12? There are beautiful books to choose from!
- Pre-K and Kindergarten... Finding books for our youngest readers can be tricky. Click on this link to see an inexpensive, high interest series of books that are perfect for beginning readers! Our FMES kindergarten students love these books!