Monroe Staff Weekly Update
Integrity * Inclusiveness * Collaboration * Optimism
April 15, 2018
Alan Haberman - April 13
Sandy DeFord - April 22
Amber Roxborough - April 28
Week At A Glance
- DRA window opens?? (There will be a change in the DRA window, so probably best to hold off for now!)
- Popsicles in the Park, 6 pm
Tuesday, April 17
- Kindness Ambassadors, Group 4, 3 pm
Wednesday, April 18
- OSTP ELA Section One, Gr. 3-5
- Staff Meeting, 3:10 pm
Thursday, April 19
- OSTP ELA Section Two, Gr. 3-5
- PTA providing lunch
- Yoga Club, Group 2, 3 pm
- Celebration of Excellence, 6 pm
Friday, April 20
- OSTP ELA Section Three, 5th grade only
- Student Council Meeting, 2 pm
- Bowl for Kids Sake @ Hey Day, 4:30 pm
NEWS & REMINDERS
Celebration of Excellence
- I know we all could not be more proud to have Stefani Stuemky representing Monroe as our Teacher of the Year this year!! Again and again, Stef steps up and does so much for our students, staff and parents! THANK YOU STEF!!
- We will be celebrating Stef and all other NPS Teacher of the Year Candidates at the Celebration of Excellence on Thursday, April 19 at Embassy Suites. If you have a ticket, doors open at 6 pm, the program begins at 6:30 pm. This is always such an inspiring evening!
Monday Morning Breakfast!
- Our PTA continues to give and give! PTA will be providing breakfast to welcome you back to school on Monday, April 16! We are blessed to have the ongoing support of our parents as we welcome their students back to school!
- We will have our scheduled staff meeting this Wednesday, April 18 at 3:10 pm in the library. We originally had scheduled Strategies That Work, Ch. 4 and the Trauma and Resilience Team but will table those things for now.
- We will complete the required EL Training #3.
Math Morning Canceled
- This was previously scheduled for Friday, April 20, but 5th grade will potentially be testing and I think is something we are going to need to take off our plate for this year!
- This was scheduled for Thursday, April 26, but 5th grade will potentially be testing and 2nd grade has a field trip.
- We will not have GMM on April 20 due to 5th grade testing.
- Claire Breslin has left Monroe to take a position outside the school system. We are sad to see her go, but wish her the best!
- Mande Schlotterback will be the new Teacher Assistant in Jordan Liddell's classroom. A big Monroe welcome to Mande as she joins our staff!
- I am working on getting final evaluations scheduled with certified staff. Please make sure you update your growth plan with end of year comments for each action step before we meet. Also remember to change your action steps to show "finished." That way we can print and sign when we do your final evaluation. Thank you!
Lori's Schedule April 16 - 20
Tuesday - Out a.m.
Wednesday - Monroe all day
Thursday - Monroe all day
Friday - Monroe all day
Monroe Elementary Mission
NPS Mission & Values
MISSION: To prepare and inspire all students to achieve their full potential.
- Integrity - Integrity is the cornerstone of everything we do.
- Inclusiveness - We positively affirm the unique identity of every individual.
- Collaboration - We collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to maximize our shared knowledge and resources to bring greater value to our students, staff and stakeholders.
- Optimism - We aspire to maintain a positive attitude and expect the best possible outcome in every situation.