"Dead Kids Make Bad Laws"
1. Drivers under 21 years old in New Jersey must have red, reflective decals on their license plates. They now have an 11 P.M curfew due to a death in 2006 on the road. Also, wireless headsets are illegal until you reach 21 years old.
2. The people of New Jersey fought back saying that pedophiles can now target their very own children because of the decal.
3. If your parent signs off on these restrictions, taking it under their responsibility, if an underage driver gets caught driving past 11 P.M. his or her parent also gets fined.
4. 16 year old Kyleigh D'Alessio was killed in an accident in 2006 due to her friend being distracted while driving.
5. Kyleigh's law was approved in 2009 by a unanimous vote, 78-0. This law makes drivers under 21 display the red decals
Predation (n.) the act of plundering or robbing.
Psychopath (n.) antisocial behavior, lack of ability to love or establish meaningful personal relationships, extreme egocentricity, failure to learn from personal experiences.
SUMMARY & OPINION
In New Jersey, 2006, the curfew for drivers under 21 years old was changed. It was 12 P.M. and got changed to 11 P.M. due to an accident on the road that killed 16 year old Kyleigh D’Alessio. Teen drivers also must display a red reflective decal on the back of their car to show they are not 21 years old. Teens are not allowed to wear headsets while they are driving because they can be distracted. Parents of New Jersey were furious. They claimed that the red decals would make it easier for pedophiles and psychopaths to target their children. People argue, that a red decal would not have saved Kyleigh the night of the accident. I do not agree with the laws New Jersey has made because you shouldn't have to let other people know your personal information. I also think that it is not a good idea because the teenagers could get targeted by pedophiles, psychopaths, and murderers.