Fifth Grade Flash
Friday, January 29, 2016
Simulations Next Week
On Tuesday and Wednesday, students will be taking their Math and Reading Simulations. Here are a few important reminders:
- Please make sure your student is well rested and has a good breakfast so they have the best opportunity for success.
- Please send a healthy, non-messy snacks and water bottle.
- Please send a jacket since the temperature in our rooms fluctuates throughout the day.
- Please leave electronics at home (unless they are used for safety purposes to and from school). All electronics (including watches that do more than tell time) will be collected during testing.
- Please make sure students have paper books to read once they have finished with their test.
On Friday, February 12, each homeroom will have a Valentine celebration at the end of the day. We would like students to bring a decorated box or bag with their name on it to receive Valentine cards from friends. If your student wants to participate in exchanging Valentines, please include a Valentine for everyone in their homeroom. Your child's homeroom teacher will send a student list by email. Valentines may also be given to students in other homerooms. We will allow students to deliver those during our Homeroom celebration.
Music Choice Sheets
Students have received important information regarding their 6th grade music class. Please make sure you have returned the class selection sheet or used the online selection process to choose their 6th grade music class. The deadline is Friday, February 5, 2016. Please feel free to contact Mrs. Gelabert with any questions.
Climbing the Hills of History
Taking a Hike Through Science
A Birds' Eye View of Math
Read S'More Books, Write S'More Tales