First Grade News
Monday, May 7th - Friday, May 11th
Mrs. Le's First Grade
We Have Been Working On...
This week I finished assessing your little ones end of the year Developmental Reading Assessment (DRA). Hopefully by next week you will be receiving their results in their daily folders. I am so impressed with how much they have grown this year and cannot wait to share that with you!
During our math time, we revisited bar graphs and how to interpret the information. We also worked on number grid puzzles. We reviewed for our Unit 8 Geometry math assessment and took the assessment this week. Next week we will get ready for and take a cumulative math assessment as well the end of the year Math Benchmark.
We had guidance with Ms. Kirk this week and she read "My Heart is Like a Zoo" and revisited feeling words. We created animals using hearts like the illustrator of the story. We used feeling words to describe our animal. We also finished our hot air balloon art lesson with Mrs. Miller on Thursday and created aerial view pictures. We had library with Mrs. Hutcherson in the afternoon and she read "M is for Muscots". Start looking for those library books to return as the end of the year approaches!
In the afternoon, we worked on creating art for our Mother's Day/Someone Special gifts. We used acrylic paint (gold, yellow, pink, light pink) to create a sunrise on canvas. I took pictures of the children blowing kisses and we glued them on the canvases. The children cut out hearts on fun scrapbook paper and glued them onto the canvas to "Send their love". I hope you love these gifts as much as I loved making them with your little one!
Ask Me About...
- What was your favorite book we read this week?
- Make a list of top 10 reasons you love your mom or someone special in your home!
- Practice filling out a blank 100's chart.
- Get a deck of cards, take out the cards with numbers and play Salute!
- Get on Xtra Math and Smarty Ants!
- Practice adding two digit numbers using a number grid.
- Practice simple addition facts between 1-10.
Week of May 14th - 18th
- Writing Goals
- Writers Workshop Routines
- Phonics: three letter blends - str, spr, spl, scr, thr
- Review Math Benchmark Assessment
- Take End of the Year Math Benchmark Assessment
- Take Cumulative Assessment
- Tuesday: Mr. Mosier Visits
- Wednesday: Mrs. Crosgrove Visits
- Wednesday: Senior Day Good Morning Monroe
- Thursday: Dr. Tedesco Visits
- Friday: Talent Show at 1:15 pm
Tuesday, May 15th
Good Morning Monroe Senior Day
Wednesday, May 16th
Friday, May 18th at 1:15 pm
Thursday, May 24th at 8:00 am
Memorial Day - No School!
Monday, May 28th
Last Day of First Grade :(
Thursday, May 31st