Rolling Hills Elementary
Weekly Newsletter - September 13, 2019
Hello RHE families,
it was another busy week here at RHE! Thank you to the RHHSA for planning and hosting another successful Back to School Party. The students enjoyed the popsicle treats, dancing, and playing with new and old friends. Thank you to the RHE staff and families that came out to the party!
Additionally, thank you to the Verica family who so generously donated the hot dogs for the party!
During the month of September, I will be meeting with all grade levels to review important School Board Policies related to topics such as bullying and harassment as well as behavior expectations for the school year. These meetings will be age appropriate.
Additionally, our Back to School routine includes holding a variety of safety drills for all of us to practice. We are in the process of reviewing these safety procedures with the students. When we conduct a drill, you will receive communication about our practice.
Enjoy the weekend!
Kid Stuff Books
Thank you from the RHHSA
Home Access Center Demographic Information Update
As a reminder, at the start of every school year, the Council Rock School District requires parents/guardians to verify their demographic information through Home Access Center (HAC).
Only one parent/guardian should complete a demographic form for each child.
District/School Notifications, Emergency Contacts, Medication Authorization information etc. are directly dependent upon your completion of this form.
The fall session of the RHE Chess Club will begin on October 8th. Please see the link below for sign up information.
Student cell phones are to be used for emergency purposes only. Cell phones are not to be used in school or on school busses. Cell phones must be turned off and kept in the students' backpacks. Please be advised that the school is not responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen items.
In today's world, there are many reasons that students carry cellular telephones, but we have to collectively remind students about their appropriate use. Please see the Student-Parent Handbook for more information.
Arrival and Dismiss Procedures - Car Riders
Here are a few reminders about the arrival and dismissal of students:
- Please be patient with our transportation department. It usually takes about two weeks to finalize bus routes. If you have any questions or concerns after the first couple few weeks of school, please contact the Council Rock Transportation Department at 215-944-1010.
- Please do not drop your children off at school in the morning before 8:50 a.m. as there is no adult supervision available until that time.
- During arrival and dismissal, children who are car riders should always exit on the passenger side of the vehicle to entirely avoid incoming traffic. In addition, parents are not permitted to pass another vehicle while children are attempting to exit.
Below is a map of our parking lot. There may be adjustments to our procedures once we see everything goes.
Title 1 Applications for Free and Reduced Lunch
Families must re-apply every school year before October 1st for the Title I Applications for Free and Reduced Lunches. The application does not roll over for any families that received this service last year. Online application access can be found at: 2019-2020 Free and Reduced Application Packet Packet. Please contact Sam Smith if more information is needed.
Rolling Hills Home and School Assication - RHHSA
Fire Safety Contest
The Fire Safety in the Home contest is open for any interested K-6 grade student. The deadline for the contest is Wednesday, October 16th. Last year, RHE had several prize winners and it would be great if that happened again.
- Back to School Party/Social: Tuesday, September 10 – 6:00-7:00
- Monday, September 30th & Tuesday, October 1st - No School
- Wednesday, October 9th - No School
- Wednesday, October 16th - Early Dismissal (AM Kindergarten Attends)
Chartwells - Lunch
Rolling Hills is on Twitter. Be sure to follow us to receive Tweets from our teachers!