Principal Notes 02/07/2014
St. Cecilia School
- Wednesday, February 12: 9 a.m. All School Mass and 2:15 p.m. Early Dismissal
- Monday, February 17: NO SCHOOL-Workshop Day
- Wednesday, February 19: 9 a.m. All School Mass followed by 4th Grade Reception (Social Hall) and 2:15 p.m. Early Dismissal
- Thursday, February 20: 6:30 p.m. Marketing Meeting (Room 530)
- Monday, February 24: Regular School and Preschool Day
- Tuesday, February 25: No Preschool Classes, Parent-Teacher Conferences, Bookfair and 1:30 p.m. Early Dismissal for School
- Wednesday, February 26: 9 a.m. All School Mass, No Preschool Classes, Parent-Teacher Conferences, Bookfair and 1:30 p.m. Early Dismissal for School
- Thursday, February 27: No Preschool Classes, Parent-Teacher Conferences, Bookfair and 1:30 p.m. Early Dismissal for School
- Friday, February 28: NO SCHOOL OR PRESCHOOL CLASSES
Parent-Teacher Conference Sign Up
The spring conference sign up is now open for Tuesday through Thursday, February 25th-27th for Preschool and Tuesday and Thursday, February 25th or 27th for School. You should have received an e-mail from VolunteerSpot confirming the time. You are assigned the same day and time that you chose in the fall. If the assigned time does not work for you, you can go to the site link listed below to change your time.
We’re using VolunteerSpot to organize our upcoming conferences. Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/2WjG9C
2. Review the conferences listed for your child(ren)’s teacher(s), and choose the time(s) that fit your schedule.
3. Sign up! It’s Easy — you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot.
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone.
If you did not receive an e-mail notification about your time, please go to the link above to set up a time, or contact Mrs. Tesdall at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a new time.
Sign ups will end on 2/20/2014. If you have an emergency, and need to change your time after that, you will need to contact the school office to make those changes.
Car Raffle Tickets
Lost and (hopefully) Found-A few families have bought or sold their Car Raffle Tickets that were distributed before Christmas break. Thank you! The rest of you may be like us and “file by pile”. Is there a non-descript brown envelope floating around a desk, drawer, under the bed or other special place? In that envelope, are Car Raffle Tickets just waiting to be purchased or sold. If possible, please get the money and receipt stubs in as soon as you can. Do you need more tickets? Please contact one of the co-chairs, school or church office or Jessica Loecke at 515-451-8126.
Notes from the Principal
Friday, February 14th
Private School Aid Service (PSAS)/URGENT/Deadline March 22, 2014
PSAS is pleased to provide a new online application link for the upcoming 2014-2015 school year! Your new PSAS online application represents the first of many new enhancements you will see from PSAS this year. The online application has been redesigned for ease of use and it is customized for our program; http://www.psas.org/DUBQ.aspx.
We will send out paper copies of this application to those who filed with PSAS last year. If you do not receive one, please stop in the office to obtain a copy. If you have any questions about the link or what is required to post the link, please contact PSAS support team at (800)506-5303.
We will host two STO Help Nights during Parent-Teacher Conferences, so please stop by the STO Help Desk from 2-7 p.m. on February 25th and 27th or contact the school office if you have any questions. Applications need to be completed online or postmarked no later than March 22, 2014. Please make this a priority!
Please see this attached STO letter further explaining this program.
Stewardship Appreciation Dinner
See the attached flyer on how to make reservations for the St. Cecilia Stewardship Appreciation Dinner on February 8, 2014. The reservation deadline is February 3, 2014.
Stewardship Appreciation Dinner Flyer