Session B classes begin on Tuesday!
Check into your classes today!
State of the DAL from Dr. Joshua Black, Executive Director
Autumn Greetings DAL Students!
Here are just a few of the exciting things going on at Lee in the Division of Adult Learning:
- The Lee Campus has been very busy the past few weeks, as we have just celebrated some of the blessings that the Lord has bestowed on our great university. August 1st marked the 30th Anniversary of Dr. Paul Conn’s presidency of Lee University. It was part of the Celebration 2016 festivities held on campus in September. Hundreds of alumni, donors, and special guests came to campus to see the dedication of Lee’s new School of Nursing building, to mark the 30th anniversary of Dr. Conn’s transformational leadership, and to close out the Find Us Faithful capital campaign. During this 5-year campaign, Lee has built the Chapel, Communication Arts building, Pangle Hall, and the School of Nursing, plus it bought the Monument Building for the DAL and Graduate Enrollment!
- Each of you are also a part of the record enrollment that Lee is experiencing this year. Lee has 5,302 students enrolled this fall! 802 of the students are from the Division of Adult Learning in online programs or attending at the Lee University Charlotte Center. Thank you for being a part of the record-breaking year!
- This past summer the DAL partnered with the Department of Behavioral and Social Sciences to launch the Master of Science in Marriage and Family Studies program. This fully online graduate program is Lee’s 3rd fully online grad program, joining the MBA and Master of Arts in Ministry Studies programs.
- This fall the Department of Business also partnered with the DAL to launch a Business Emphasis to the very popular Ministry Leadership undergraduate program. The Business Emphasis is Lee’s 8th emphasis in the largest major at the university. Undergraduate ministry students can now take a business emphasis that will allow them to go directly into the Lee MBA online when they finish their undergraduate ministry degree. We are very excited as Lee is expanding its online programs for students at a distance from campus. Watch for more new programs coming soon!
- After several years of hearing concerns expressed by students and faculty about the lack of breaks in the online programs at Lee, the university restructured its online terms to allow students to have breaks during the year. This fall, Lee rolled out a new schedule for all DAL students with 7-week classes and 10 weeks of breaks throughout the year. This will hopefully help students and faculty to focus better on their studies without so much burnout during their busy lives.
As always we thank you for being a part of the Lee family and for experiencing Lee with us. We appreciate each of you and we all know that Lee is about the students at our Christ-centered university!
Dr. Joshua Black