September 16, 2022
Child Find is a process designed to identify, locate, and evaluate individuals from birth to 21 years of age who may need special education and related services. If you are concerned that your child may have a disability (learning, behavior, and/or speech), contact Cheryl Mallant, Assistant Principal, for more information about the Child Find and evaluation process.
Ms. Mallant can be contacted at Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org or 936-276-4715.
Homework at Lincoln Elementary
We've had several parents ask about our homework policy at LES. At Lincoln, we try to make everything we do intentional and based on available research. Current research shows that at the elementary level, homework has little effect on student learning. As a campus, we know how hard our students are working at school and want to encourage them to enjoy their evenings and spend valuable time with their families. If you are looking for ways to support your child's learning at home, we encourage you to spend time reading at home with your child or practicing math facts. Finding ways to integrate math, reading, science, or social studies into the activities you already do will also support the learning that is going on in the classroom. If you feel that your child needs additional support at home, we are happy to direct you to some online resources that connect with or build upon the learning that is taking place during the school day.
Lincoln: Week in Review
Each week, we want to provide you with an overview of our Lincoln statistics and where we are as a campus. We will share information about enrollment, student behaviors, and attendance. Additionally, as we have celebrations to share regarding our students' academic successes, we'll list them here too.
Current enrollment: 456
- Welcome new students Amiyra D. and Khamarri M.
Attendance (Goal 95%)
Average Daily Attendance Rate for August: 96%
Average Daily Attendance Rate for the Week of:
- 8/29-9/2: 93.6%
- 9/5-9/9: 95.9% (Great improvement from last week!)
- 9/12-9/16 - 94.6%
***As a reminder, if your child is absent, be sure to send in a note within 48 hours or email email@example.com.***
Classes with the Highest Attendance Rate for the Week of 9/5-9/9:
- Mrs. Torman - 98.8%
- Mrs. Kirk - 98.2%
- Mrs. Radford - 97.6%
- Mrs. Gerbrecht - 97.1%
Positive Office Referrals: 7
Make a Note
Please read below of some important information.
- Picture Day will be on Thursday. Order forms went home this past Tuesday. You return the the completed pre-pay order form (including payment) on picture day or go to prepayorders.com and entery flyer code LEF210839 to oder online.
- Be on the lookout for information from your child's teacher regarding fall parent conferences. These will take place prior to Thanksgiving.
Student Involvement Opportunities - Talent Show!
We know our Lincoln Bears have talent! This is the perfect opportunity to showcase that talent at our own LES Talent Show! The talent show is open to any 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th grader who is interested in performing on the stage. Auditions to be in the show will be on Thursday, October 13th; and the talent show is on Thursday, October 27th, at 6:00 pm in the LES Cafe. If you would like more information, please have your child pick up an information pack and audition permission slip from their homeroom teacher. Audition forms are due back to Mrs. Watkins by Wednesday, October 12th. We can't wait to see what amazing things our Lincoln Bears can do!
Parent Involvement Opportunities
One of our campus goals is to build more parent involvement on our campus. As parents, you know your child best. We want to partner with you to consistently make our school better. Below are several opportunities where you can be involved or provide feedback.
- Annual Title I Meeting - Monday, 9/18/22, at 1:00 pm via Zoom. The passcode to the meeting is "Lincoln." You may also join using the Meeting ID: 864 0438 3603 with the passcode mentioned. This meeting will will allow parents to learn about what Title I means, what their rights are under Title I, our Parent Involvment Plan, our School-Parent Compact, about Title I funds, and more. This is a repeat session from our Parent Night that was held on Thursday evening.
- WatchDOGS - Click this link for more information, the program presentation from the district presentation, the background form, and the registration form.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Our PTO is an organization of parents that works to support our students and staff in a variety of ways. They recently purchased some toys and games that students can play with the weather inhibits their ability to play outside. They also bring in special programs and activities for our students and find ways to show appreciation to our staff. We encourage all families to join. For more information, you can contact our PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find them on Facebook (@myLESPTO). The next meeting is this Friday, October 14, at 9:00 a.m. at the school.
Staff Shout Outs
- Title I Parent Meeting via Zoom at 1:00 pm (See Parent Involvement Section of newsletter for more info)
- Fall Pictures
- PTO Panda Express Fundraiser
- Wear your spirit wear!
- Hat Day for $1 donation
- PAWSitivity Cart
- 9/27 - Big Kahuna Kick-Off
- 9/28 - Campus Advisory Committee Meeting 4:15-5:00 p.m.
- 10/3-10/6 - Book Fair Week
- 10/6 - End of First 9-Week Grading Period
- 10/7 - No School for Students
- 10/10-10/11 - No School
- 10/13 - Talent Show Auditions 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- 10/14 - PTO Meeting at 9:00 a.m.
- 10/14 - First Grade Field Trip to 7 Acre Wood
- 10/17 - Big Kahuna Fundraiser Ends
- 10/26 - Talent Show Dress Rehearsal 4:00-5:30 p.m.
- 10/27 - Talent Show 6:00 p.m.
- 10/28 - Book Character Parade; Kindergarten Fall into STEM Day
Lunch visitors who are on a child's emergency contact list are welcome to eat with that child on the stage during the student's lunch period. Visitors will need to check in at the front office with their ID and get a visitor badge. Please do not invite other students to join you or provide food or snacks for other students. When lunch is over, all students will line up with their class. Visitors will return to the front office to turn in their visitor badge.
A friendly reminder, we do not have an open lunch policy so please do not order food for your child from outside vendors to be delivered to the school during the school day (i.e. Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Door Dash, or any kind of delivery service). This becomes a safety concern when staff need to leave the front office to deliver food to students or take their focus off of families who have business in the office. Food deliveries also increase the number of unfamiliar people entering the building. Additionally, our lunch times are very tight and do not allow for late deliveries. We cannot allow for learning to be disrupted by early or late food deliveries. Thank you for understanding our focus on safety and uninterrupted instructional time.
- Pre-K - 10:40-11:10
- Kindergarten - 11:15-11:45
- 1st Grade - 10:45-11:15
- 2nd Grade - 12:15-12:45
- 3rd Grade - 11:35-12:05
- 4th Grade - 11:55-12:25
- 5th Grade - 12:35-1:05
School Hours, Attendance and Tardies
- Doors open at 7:50
- Tardy bell rings at 8:15
- School day ends at 3:40
We are working hard to maximize each and every minute our students are here. Students who arrive after 8:15 are considered tardy and will need to be walked into the front door of the building and signed in by a parent or guardian. If your child needs to leave early, they may be checked out through the front office by a parent or guardian.
Changes in transportation need to be made prior to 2:00 in order to allow time for the messages to be communicated with the appropriate staff member. To request a change of transportation, either
- Send a note with your child,
- Email LincolnElementaryTransit@misd.org with the note and a copy of your driver's license, or
- Come to the school with a copy of your driver's license.
Location: 700 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Montgomery, TX, USA
Phone: (936) 276-4700