The CCSD Monthly Journal
La revista CCSD
February 9th, 2024
National School Counselor's Week!
February 5th - 9th
👍 🎉 🙌
From offering guidance to fostering growth, our school counselors play a vital role in shaping our students' futures. They play a critical role in the academic, social, emotional, and career development of students, contributing to their overall success and well-being.
Let's take a moment to appreciate the dedication and support of our school counselors!
- Ms. Lane - Barnes Butte Elementary
- Mr. Schroeder - Crooked River Elementary
- Mrs. Schmitz - Steins Pillar Elementary & Grizzly Mountain HomeLink
- Mr. Swick - CCMS
- Mr. Kessi & Mrs. Haddon - CCHS
- Mrs. Pennington (Registrar) & Mrs. Wentzel (Scheduler)
- Mrs. Kasberger & Mrs. Kudlack - Pioneer High School
School Board Meeting Information 🏫 📰
Next School Board Meeting: Monday, February 12th, 5:30pm
The Crook County School Board is holding its next meeting at the District Office on Monday, February 12th. The regular meeting begins at 5:30pm, one hour earlier than usual. This provides time for the board to review superintendent applications during an executive session at 7:30pm.
Community Listening Sessions
- Monday, March 18th, 6:30pm - District Office
- Monday, May 20th, 6:30pm - District Office
The superintendent search for Crook County School District remains on track. The school board will review applications next week and narrow down the field of candidates. The finalists will undergo the first round of interviews sometime this month. The final candidates will also take part in a visitation day and interviews with the board and community in March. The goal is to make a hiring announcement by March 11th, and the next superintendent will begin July 1st.
You can learn more by visiting our superintendent search webpage. Click the button below.
Celebrating Career & Technical Education All Month
February marks Career & Technical Education Month, a time dedicated to recognizing the invaluable role of CTE in preparing students for the workforce.
Throughout February, Crook County School District is celebrating the impact of CTE programs in equipping students with the skills and knowledge needed to thrive in various industries. Our district offers a wide range of programs at CCHS and CCMS, including construction and woodshop, career labs, engineering, health occupations, computer science & robotics, ag science, graphic design, culinary arts, and business & marketing.
CTE offers students hands-on learning experiences, technical skills training, and pathways to high-demand careers. CTE programs empower students to explore their interests, develop marketable skills, and pursue rewarding career opportunities through classroom instruction, real-world applications, and industry partnerships.
Check out the Crook County CTE website to learn more!
Vaccine Exclusion Day February 21st
The Oregon Immunization Program reminds parents that February 21st is School Exclusion Day, which means children can only attend school if their records are updated.
Under state law, all children in public and private schools, preschools, Head Start, and certified childcare facilities must have up-to-date documentation on their immunizations or have an exemption. Please submit updated immunization records to your child's school soon or use the button below for more information on the exemption process.
Please make sure to update your child's records before February 21st.
Get Involved and Volunteer at Your Child's School!
We love it when families and community members volunteer in our schools and provide additional support for teachers and principals. It's a great way to connect with our staff and students and create meaningful, long-lasting relationships.
Check out our volunteering webpage with more resources and contact information if you want to become more involved in our local schools.
Then & Now: A Midsummer Night's Dream
“What’s past is prologue.” - William Shakespeare
The cast of A Midsummer Night’s Dream recreated a photo of Crook County student actors from almost a century ago. Congratulations to drama teacher Nathaniel Dunaway and all the students for their superb performances this month!
- Feb. 9th | Girls Basketball vs. Molalla - JV @ 5:30pm, Varsity @ 6:30pm
- Feb. 10th | 4A Special District 4 Wrestling Tournament @ CCHS, 10am
- Feb. 12th | School Board Meeting, District Office @ 5:30pm; Executive Session @ 7:30pm
- Feb. 12th | Family Culture Night 4:30pm -6:00pm @ BBE
- Feb. 13th | Boys Basketball vs. Gladstone - JV @ 5:30pm, Varsity @ 6:30pm
- Feb. 16th | NO SCHOOL - Staff Development Day
- Feb. 17th | Basketball vs. Cascade @ Crook County Middle School
- Varsity Girls - 3:30pm
- Varsity Boys - 5pm
- Feb. 17th | Middle School District Wrestling Championships, CCHS @ 12pm
- Feb. 19th | NO SCHOOL - President's Day
- Feb. 20th | Boys Basketball vs. Madras (Senior Night) - JV @ 5:00pm, Varsity @ 6:30pm