RES Staff Update
September 24-28, 2018
Welcome, Declan Evans
Message from Karen Finke, PTO President
WATCH D.O.G.S. Pizza Night
Be Bold, Go Gold!
Thank you to everyone who took time to either visit another classroom or to host visitors in their room. This past week, Mrs. Kubis, Ms. Judson, and Mrs. Quisenberry took a risk and invited others to visit. Several teachers took the opportunity to visit. Please ask if you need coverage. This is a great opportunity for us to engage with your students, and it is a great way for you to learn something new and relevant.
As a reminder: If you have something you think your colleagues might be interested in observing, please sign up on the board outside of the lounge. Here are some helpful hints for those willing to welcome others into your classroom:
- Post the specific time that you are open to visitors.
- It does not need to be something tech-savvy.
- Post a brief description, your name, and room number.
Helpful hints for those wishing to observe:
- Pop in for the whole time or part of the time.
- If it is not during your planning, talk to an AP, IS, or Kelly about covering your classroom.
- Enjoy this learning time.
For those who host and observe, you will receive tickets to be used in a drawing for a t-shirt to wear on Wednesdays with jeans. Even better is the learning that you'll take away!
Mrs. Smith talks to students in Mrs. Quisenberry's room.
A student shows Mrs. Stegent his work.
Students explain to Mrs. Nelson how the "playlist" works.
Mrs. Quisenberry works with a small group while her students choose which work to complete on their playlist.
Students participate in a Kahoot review game in Mrs. Kubis' class.
Mrs. Kubis reveals the correct answer to the question.
Calendar Updates (September)--Bolded Items are new this week
- Flu Shots at Robison CANCELLED (go to Spillane on September 17)
- Club Rewind Open House (6:30-7:00 in the cafeteria)
- PTO General Meeting @ 9:15 am in the cafeteria
- Moran @ Technology Liaison Meeting (4:30 pm)
- Treats provided by 4th & 5th-grade teams
Calendar Updates (October)-Bolded items are new this week
- Boosterthon Kick-Off Meeting (8 am in the library)
- Data Meeting for 3rd, 4th & 5th Reading Teachers (8:50-11:50)
- Data Meeting for 3rd, 4th, & 5th Math Teachers (12:30-3:30)
- Treats provided by Paras, AB & SPED
- Moran @ Tech Liaison Mtg. (4:30)
- Flu shots for students (turn in registration forms to Joyce as soon as you receive them)
- Data Meeting for 4th Writing Teachers (8:50-11:50)
- Data Meeting for 4th & 5th Science Teachers (12:30-3:30)
New Bus Numbers
913 will become 369
915 will become 370
1005 will become 371
This also means that transportation rosters must be updated. We rely on these each and every day. Please make sure that these are always updated---even if it is just one change. We never want to put a child on the wrong bus, and this is something we expect to be accurate. Thank you for your quick attention to this.
Parent Conference Day Reminders
- Lunch will be provided (Pizza ordered with salad and desserts made by A-team.) A sign-up sheet will be provided for lunchtimes (either 11:30 or 12:30).
- Time slots for conferences should be 30 minutes. This allows for a 25-minute conference with a 5-minute buffer time between conferences. Many parents have taken off from work and we don't want them to feel rushed with back-to-back 15-minute conferences.
- If you've already had a parent conference for a student on an action plan, please share with the parent that they will not have a conference scheduled again at this time. It is possible that they'll need a conference mid-year to share the progress they've made.
- This is a time for parents to share information with you, just as much as you'll be sharing information with them. Plan for time that they can share too.
- Start the conference off with the strengths of the student. Be sincere. This is a great opportunity to build relationships with parents.
- What can you tell parents that they do not already know or that they can't locate through the Home Access Center?
- If a child is really struggling in one particular class, consider having that teacher be available for the conference or offer an additional conference time.
More information will be shared as we approach the official Parent Conference Day.
Update for CF-TESS
The Goal for Student Growth powerpoint presentation will be recorded and sent in a separate email. This was discussed at our staff meeting, but the recorded presentation will give you more details.
Teachers will need to view this quick video (in the link below) in order to be updated on this year's CF-TESS. We've opted to have you watch the video on your own time rather than hold a face-to-face meeting. Courtney, Carrie, and I are here if you have any questions. Once you've completed this, you will complete the Verification of Annual Review (in CFPGS) no later than Monday, September 17. Directions for locating this are on the CFPGS home page under "My Appraisal Resources". You may also check out the appraisal section of the hub for the appraiser assignments.
CTE Assignment #1 is due on Friday, Sept. 28
Campus Time Equivalency
Kids Deserve It: yisek4h
Blended Learning in Action: 7won14
Staff Dress for the Week
Monday-If you've visited with your mentee, wear jeans and your choice of shirt OR Professional DressTuesday-Fall Picture Day--wear a nice top with jeans or professional dress.
Wednesday-Team Shirts and jeans
Friday-College shirt with jeans or professional dress