IMLEA Monday Minute
January 29, 2018
- With Indiana's ESSA plan approved, plans to incorporate attendance and ELP as part of a school's "score" are being detailed.
- Beginning in 2019, the plan is to have one testing window, sometime between mid-April and mid-May. The goal is to have scores by July 1.
- There will be no more test tickets!
- The content will not be cached, so there will be less pre-test stress on your technology department.
- Teachers will be recruited for field testing this spring.
"A successful middle school teaching team is like a good hors d’oeuvres table; a blend of delicious components that are very different but work well together."
I had the privilege of being on some dynamite teaching teams in middle school. This article really resonated with me, and emphasized some of the strengths of having a mix of different personalities and teaching styles on a team.
This could be fun to share with your teachers and have them see which "course" they identify with.
Dates to Note
February 1: World Read Aloud Day (Many schools connect with authors this day.)
February 1: Registration opens for nErDcampMI
February 3: CS Essentials Workshop at UIndy
February 5: DOE's Winter eLearning Book Club Begins
February 16: IMLEA Board Meeting, IASP Office
February 22: Digital Learning Day
February 22: Schools to Watch Training, IASP office
Thanks for taking the time to read this update. Feel free to forward it to your staff or anyone who might benefit from the information.
Past Monday Minute issues can be found on our website under 'Publications'.
Coming next week: The Monday Minute Olympic Edition!