December 11, 2015
- Phoebe and Maggie will represent us in the LCE spelling Bee!
- Sydney and Jillian are our runner ups!
- Shivani won the school science fair and will go on to compete in the county!
- This is the final week of the quarter. If your child has any work that has not been turned in, please remind them to get it to us this week. We will have limited class time to work on tasks next week.
- We will have our Quarterly Prize Drawing next week. Please send in fun prizes if you are able!
- Colonial Day is Friday! We need 6 boxes of 2 gallon ziploc bags. . .If you could send one in that would be fantastic!
- If you didn't pay your field trip fees in the beginning of the year, please go to mypaymentsplus.com to pay those. We are currently planning all of the trips and need to know how much $ we have to work with.
- Website: www.fenwickturner.weebly.com
Next Week at a Glance. . .
- Thanks for keeping us in the loop this week when your child has needed to miss. Please continue to do that as Next week is super busy!
- Monday we have our SS DA, math, regular LA, and Chorus performance that night.
- Tuesday we have the chorus performance twice and our SS test.
- Wednesday we have our ELA (English Language Arts) DA, a little math, and our class party
- Thursday we have our Math DA, fractions test, and a little LA.
- Friday is Colonial Day all day and our end of quarter drawing!
Wow. . . who else will be taking a break on Saturday?
Chorus kids seats for show--help you decide where to sit. . .
If you look at this you get a good idea of where to sit. Click on the picture to make it bigger.
Chorus kiddos labeled- as best as I could
I found as many in here as I could see so you can tell about where your child is.
From Ms. Fenwick
Spelling: No spelling this week!
Reading: We will be focusing on sequence this week using informational texts on winter. Our Genre Bingo Card is due on Wednesday! Please check this over with your child to make sure all directions have been followed. No Wordly Wise this week! Don't forget that a Reading Check-In on eCLASS is due every Friday under Second Nine Weeks.
Writing: Due to District Assessments this week, we will not be having a mentor sentence. We will complete our informational writing about our chosen part of the Solar System and review everything we have learned so far this year using winter writing activities.
From Mrs. Turner
- Math: FRACTIONS ARE FUN! I will continue to post video helpers to our website and eClass. The test is December 17.
- No Ten Marks Next week.
- SS: We are wrapping up our study of the colonies. Last Test is December 15. Additional resources may be foundin student notebooks, and at http://fenwickturner.weebly.com/social-studies.html and on eClass.
- Science: No Science Next week.
- Colonial Day will be December 18th! We dress up for this, so I've included some pictures of some dressed up in the past. . . Please know there are many ways to dress up and don't all require spending money. HOWEVER, if you plan to purchase your child's costume, you may want to watch the Halloween sales to get the costumes inexpensively.
- Please join quizlet for Ms. Fenwick and Mrs. Turner: https://quizlet.com/join/Zyu8JdY4S AND https://quizlet.com/join/nxQx2fuGm
- Please join remind for Ms. Fenwick and Mrs. Turner (we'll send out subject specific items as well as homeroom items so join both!)
- Check our Google calendar and website often for dates, resources, and information! fenwickturner.weebly.com
- Curriculum Night questions are answered on our website. http://fenwickturner.weebly.com/forms--links.html