February 10, 2023
Grade 4 Families: Band or Chorus Survey (Form)
Just a reminder to complete the Google Form sent out by Middle School Principals this week asking you to select band or chorus for your student for next year in grade 5.
Kindergarten Information Night is coming!
Thursday, March 2nd, 6:30-7:30pm
32 Watson Avenue
Upcoming Event Dates
17 - Early Release Day (12:25 PM)
20-24 - Winter Break
Assistant Principal Brierly's Corner
Student Council Rocks!
Random Acts of Kindness Day 2022: Heartwarming stories to inspire good deeds
From the Health Office....Mrs. O'Malley
Please remember to send a change of clothes to school with your child.
The Mobile Dentist is returning to Willett on Monday May 1st. If you have submitted consent previously this school year, your child will be seen again. If you did not previously consent and would like to, please call the office, and request a dental consent form to be sent home with your child.
PTO News and Update
Our 2nd Annual Willett PTO Supply Drive was another huge success!! A very big THANK YOU to all the families that generously donated items to help replenish supplies for all our wonderful teachers and staff. The PTO distributed all supplies today. See attached photo of Mrs. Martin in front of some of the donations!
Save the Date: Tuesday, February 28th
Location: UNO Pizzeria & Grille, 221 Washington St., Attleboro
Come support our school by dining in or ordering take-out! 20% of all checks will be donated back directly to our school!
Someone Special Dance:
Our Someone Special Dance which was scheduled for today, February 10th has been postponed to the Spring. Stay tuned for more details!
The Willett PTO 🐳
APS Welcome Center
The APS Welcome Center is happy to share the Family and Community Resource Guide. This guide is for the APS Community, including families, students, and staff, to access local resources and support. You can access the guide by visiting the Welcome Center webpage, or using this direct link:
APS Welcome Center
Did you know that the APS Welcome Center is open and continues to serve all APS families, students, and staff?
The Welcome Center is here to:
- Offer support for families to complete district tasks, included but not limited to New Student Registration, Transportation, Food Services, “how-to” tutorials, translations and interpreting
- Strengthen relationships between APS and the Attleboro community by:
- Connecting families and staff to local resources and supporting this access
- Providing referrals to local support agencies
- Sharing information on behalf of and about community organizations through community fliers and the Welcome Center webpage
- Within the Welcome Center you can find:
- Staff ready to assist with district tasks, clarification of APS information, connections to local resources
- Computers with internet access for APS families and students, hotspots available for loan to APS families
- Information detailing local resources, programs, and events
- Access to translations and interpreters
- Contact the Welcome Center:
- If you need assistance completing district tasks
- You would like to learn more about available resources
- You have questions or suggestions you would like to share
- You would like to connect with a local community organization
Community Flier Summary
All APS Community Fliers can be found within the Welcome Center website. To view this week’s fliers, including information from throughout Attleboro please visit the Welcome Center webpage or click here for current fliers.
Student Attendance Policy
"Research supports that student attendance has a direct correlation to student achievement and graduation rates. Therefore, communication between schools and families regarding student attendance is critical in supporting academic success. All schools will follow the notification schedule outlined below. Students and parents should consult the Student Handbook for details about the procedures and consequences associated with excessive absenteeism at each school."
2022-2023 MCAS Dates
Families with students in grades 3 and 4 - please note the dates below. We ask that all efforts are made to have students present during testing days. Please do your best to avoid these dates when scheduling appointments and vacations.
Grade 4 - April 3,4
Grade 3 - April 5,6
Grade 4 - May 8, 9
Grade 3 - May 10, 11
Rooms Communication Tool
You may notice that an additional button, called Rooms, will be visible at the bottom right of our Attleboro Public Schools mobile app. This button is part of our integrated system of communication and will allow for your child’s teachers/coaches/and other staff to share detailed information (assignments, special events, practice schedules, etc.). More information is forthcoming, and we will have a table set up at Welcome Back Night.
Lunch applications can be found on the Food Services website, including the online application, a downloadable version in English, Spanish, and Portuguese, and a link to access all other languages. Please note that even the online application can be completed in many languages. Direct link can be found here: https://www.attleboroschools.com/page/food-services
Our new website and App:
Please go to the App store and search Attleboro Public Schools. There is a new app which will be an excellent means of finding information in one location. You will see updates both from the district and our school. As we use this new tool, administration will be using less of the ASPEN email function.