Welcome to Brock Intermediate
1st Day of School - August 16, 2018 - 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
A couple of things:
- We will start releasing as soon as the bells ring for parent pick-up, however, once the buses arrive on campus, we will stop traffic to allow the buses to pull through to pick up kiddos and then exit. After that time, we will resume the parent pick up line.
- Be sure and review the attached map (or see above) so you know which line to be in so as to exit onto 1189 with the flow of traffic.
- Attached are written instructions regarding parent pick-up if you are wanting to read through those. Please be sure and have your yellow nametag hanging and visible on your rearview mirror.
- There will not be a shuttle option for students between campuses this year. With increased student enrollment and the addition of a new campus, this is something that has become more difficult to facilitate. I know it can be stressful worrying about being on time at each campus to pick up your children, however, please rest assured that we will keep them with us until you arrive so please don't stress over the time.
- A.M. - we will encourage students to be dropped off in the car line or walked only to the front entrance. In an effort to ensure student safety and campus security, we ask that you say your "goodbyes" at the front door so they can enter independently and get ready for the day. If you have a parent conference, we will ask that you sign in to the front office before proceeding to the teacher's room - doors open to the building at 7:15a.m.
- A.M. - Everyone that is dropping students in the a.m. will actually enter the line off of Grindstone on the East side of the Junior High. This line will go around the pond and to the front of BIS.
New Phone Systems
Eagle Eyes are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer throughout the school year at Brock Elementary.The “Eagle Eyes” will work right along-side the staff as they read and work with students, play at recess, eat lunch with students, watch the school entrances and hallways, assist with traffic flow and any other assigned activities where they actively engage with all students.
If you are interested in being an Eagle Eye, please here for more information as well as forms to fill out and turn in.
BIS Lunch Times
3rd grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
4th grade: 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
5th grade: 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
6th grade: 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
The Gym is still under construction but we are excited about the amazing things that will take place in that area. Please bear with us as we have an alternate setting for PE classes the first 2 days of school...but wait until you see the final product!
Registration 2018-2019 School Year
There are a few forms that it does require you to print off and bring in through this process. If you do not have access to a printer, no worries, they can be printed when you come in to register.
Also, as with every year, ALL returning and NEW students will be required to provide proof of residency for the 2108-2019 school year. Please be sure you have that when you come in to complete the registration process. There is more information on the BIS website.
The forms, as well as the proof of residency, can be brought to the front office on the following dates:**Please note these dates we will host registration at Brock High School for any student that will be attending Brock Intermediate**
Summer Required Reading for all Grade Levels
Attached here is the required reading for each grade level for this summer. Please be sure and review each grade level letter as the required activities vary for each grade.