Tarbiyah Academy Parent Newsletter
Updates, Information, and Reminders for our TA Families
August 30, 2021
Assalamu Alaikum Dear TA Parents and Families!
I hope that this finds you all well and in the best of conditions!
We are so excited to kick off the new school year with all of you, alhamdullilah! It was wonderful seeing all of our families and young learners this morning, alhamdullilah! While we are full of joy and excitement, we are also cautious, vigilant, and highly aware of the new day-to-day approach we must successfully adopt and strictly implement in order to keep our environment and community safe for all students and staff.
May Allah always envelop our community in His protection and in safety and security. May He facilitate a successful and fruitful year for our learners and families, filled with immense blessings and meaningful experiences.
Please read ahead for lots of pertinent information at this time for our families. Continue to stay tuned for other relevant information that arises in the coming days and weeks as we kick off the school year, insha Allah. In the meantime, feel free to reach out to me with any questions.
Thank you and jazakum Allahu khairun.
Head of School
Uniform Information-Important Updates
Uniforms are mandated for all students, including the Formal Friday and PE uniforms.
The following items MUST be purchased through Dennis Uniforms:
- Boys Khaki Pants
- Girls White Shirts; both Long Sleeved and/or Short Sleeved
- Girls Formal Friday blouse
- Ties for both boys and girls
- Boys Red Polo Shirts; both Long Sleeved and/or Short Sleeved
- Girls Jumper/Skirt
- Middle School Blazer
- Boys white formal Friday shirt
The following uniform items may be purchased from outside Dennis Uniform:
- Girls' leggings-white or black only-no socks; girls must wear leggings
- Shoes-must be closed toe and soft sole
- PE pants-black, blue or gray
All students must be in full compliance with the uniform policy. There are several students today not in the correct uniform. We will allow a one-week grace period until Friday, September 1. Thereafter, all students must have the correct uniform items and students must come to school in the uniform as described above.
The following PE Uniform items MUST be purchased from the school:
- TA hoodies
- short or long-sleeved shirt
For the PE Uniform, students have the option, as well, to wear the following in place of the standard PE shirt:
- any TA shirt from past events that are imprinted with the TA logo
- last year's spirit gear: note: spirit gear may NOT be worn on non-PE days
PE uniform purchases must be completed by this Friday, September 1. Use the link below to place your order.
Families who ordered the PE uniform will not receive the uniform for another 2 weeks or so. Until then, students may wear any regular solid colored shirt, preferably blue; no writing or designs.
If you ordered uniforms from Dennis Uniform online and will not receive the uniform for several more weeks, please cancel or return your order, and visit the store in person to purchase the uniform. You can call the store beforehand at (410) 869-4682 to ensure that the items and correct sizes are in stock.
Dennis Uniform is located at 1110N Rolling Rd, Catonsville, MD 21228
VIRTUAL Back to School Night
Join Your BAND Group!
Follow us on Social Media!
Lunch Purchase Options for Students
We will have lunch purchase options available to students Monday-Thursday. Cash will NOT be handled at this time when purchasing lunch. All purchases will be charged to parent TADS accounts. Please see lunch options below.
Mondays/Wednesdays; provided by Flip’s Pizza
- Pizza by the slice - $2
- Mozzarella sticks (5 sticks) - $5
- Medium fries - $3
- Small garden salad - $5
- Grilled cheese sandwich with fries - $5
Tuesdays/Thursdays: provided by Columbia Café (thabiha options)
- Chicken burger with fries - $6
- Beef burger with fries - $6
- Chicken tenders (3 pcs) with fries - $6
- Chicken nuggets (6 pcs) with fries - $6
- Fries $2
In addition, snacks and bottled water are available for purchase on a daily basis for $1.
**Correction from the previous newsletter: We will NOT handle cash for snacks and bottled water. TADS accounts will also be charged for all snacks and bottled water.
Snack options will include items such as crackers, raisins, popcorn, and fruit cups.
Nut Free Policy
Student Water Bottles
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Our doors will open at 8:30 for students. At this time, and in order to minimize the number of people in the building, we ask that parents do not enter the building beyond the front lobby.
Parents may drop off their child at the front or rear entrances of the building (see diagram below for back entrance route).
Each child's temperature will be taken before they enter into the main building. Any student with a temperature over 100.4 degrees will be sent home.
Students that arrive after 8:40 must enter through the front entrance of the building, and are marked as tardy.
**Carpooling families-determine your arrival assignment location by the OLDEST child in the group.
Dismissal will begin at 4:00 p.m. Please read ahead carefully.
FRONT Dismissal: Students in grades 4-8th, plus their siblings in K-3rd grades will be dismissed at the front entrance of the building. Families will need to park their car and pick up their child.
BACK Dismissal: Students in grades K-3 that do NOT have siblings in 4-8th grades will be dismissed from the back of the building. Parents are to come through the back entrance of the school through Roosevelt Boulevard and remain in their cars, following the direction and guidance of staff (see image below).
- For families picking up at the back of the building, please ensure that your driver's side is clear for students to enter your car into. If you have an infant or toddler, please place their car seat on the passenger side of the car, so that your student may enter into the driver's side of the car when being picked up from school. Students are NOT allowed to go around the car and enter through the passenger side; this creates a major safety hazard for students and staff.
- Please do your best to keep dismissal moving along efficiently; do not chat with staff/teachers at dismissal or get out of your car at this time. If you need to discuss a matter with your child's teacher, please reach out through email.
- Families will be issued a car tag to display for staff when picking up their child for dismissal. This car sign will indicate your family name and grade levels; using these signs will facilitate the dismissal process. Signs will be issued during the Meet & Greet. Please ensure that when picking up your child from school, that your sign is clearly displayed for staff.
- At this time, we will keep all students inside the building during dismissal and call students out as parents arrive for pick up.
- If families coordinate a carpool together, you MUST authorize another person to pick up your child in writing. We will NOT send a child home with anyone who is not officially authorized to pick up the child. In this case, please complete the "Pick Up Authorization Form" through TADS. If you are coordinating with another family for just a day you may send an email to our office stating your child's name, your child's grade level, and the name of the families who are authorized to pick up your child from school that day. Please send this email to our office staff, Ms. Siddiqui and Ms. Elkordy:
Before & After Care
Before care will be available from 7:30-8:30 a.m. After care will be available from 4:15-6:00 p.m.
Please note there are additional charges for Before and After Care.
Space in Before and After Care will be limited. If you will regularly be using Before and/or After Care, you must register your child(ren). To register for Before and/or After Care and to view fees, please visit our school’s website here: https://tarbiyahacademy.com/academics/after-care/
Multi-Layered Protection Strategy
Please see below our multi-layered protection strategy, as outlined by the Chair of the Tarbiyah Academy Board of Directors, Dr. Saleem Farooqui, previously communicated through a community announcement.
- Universal masking: All students, teachers, staff and visitors will correctly and consistently wear masks indoors regardless of vaccination status. Limited and temporary exceptions to indoor masking will occur during lunchtime, ablutions for prayer (Wudu), and during school supervised mask breaks (more specific protocols may be in place during these times). Outdoor masking will be instituted during periods when the likelihood of prolonged or close contact with others is high.
- Physical Distancing: In accordance with CDC guidelines, students will maintain a 3-foot physical distance from each other whenever possible. A distance of 6 feet will be in place between students and teachers/staff. Whenever optimal physical distancing is not possible, other precautions will be in place to ensure safety and protection (such as, but not restricted to: universal masking, barrier protection, upgraded ventilation and air purification, handwashing and respiratory etiquette). Mask use by all students, teachers, staff, and visitors is particularly important when physical distance cannot be maintained.
- Screening Testing: The school has access to COVID-19 test kits and select designated staff are trained in administering these via nasal swab. Periodically the school will perform screening testing on asymptomatic students and employees according to protocol, after obtaining consent. The school may also require screening testing after international travel, for example, prior to returning to in-person learning.
- Ventilation: All classrooms have been fitted with air purifiers, and HVAC maintenance has been performed over the summer with attention to airflow and filtration in particular.
- Vaccination: TA strongly recommends COVID-19 vaccination for all eligible students and close family members, in accordance with guidance from the CDC, American Academy of Pediatrics, and Maryland Departments of Health and Education. All TA employees will be fully vaccinated by the start of the school year or will undergo weekly screening testing.
In the Event of School Closure
1) Release Form
2) Cohort Preference Form
Here are the Cohort Assignments:
Cohort A: Monday, Tuesday (students come to school on these days)
Cohort B: Wednesday, Thursday (students come to school on these days)
Friday: Fully Virtual