SIEC Affinity Group
Grades K-2 Standards-Based Grading
Affinity groups are designed for participants to coalesce around a specific learning need. This is different as it is driven by those involved. At SIEC, we are utilizing this methodology to further the collaboration within our region. This type of collaboration is proven to increase the knowledge base of those involved and foster ongoing professional relationships that will continue to grow. This is a goal of SIEC for teachers & principals and this is a start of collaborative regional opportunities that will be offered this school year. Stay tuned for more to come!
Meeting Focus: Standards-based Assessments Collaboration
- each bring 10 assessments (5 ELA, 5 Math) to compare & share
- receive mini PD on how to create quality questions
- evaluate one to two assessments utilizing criteria for high quality assessment
- participate in table-grading exercise to refine scoring capacity
- each bring 2 assessments, one for ELA writing and one for math, that are student-completed, but ungraded
- use the collaborative inquiry process to determine future needs
Please plan on joining us for the start of something effective and helpful for your interests. See below for more information!
K-2 ELA & Math December 4, 2017
*Each session will begin at 9:00 a.m. and end at 2:00 p.m. (Eastern)
*A Professional Growth Certificate worth 5 points will be provided.
*Workshop fee is $25 per participant for ESC members. ($70 for non-members)
*Participants should bring a laptop to access online resources.
*See below to complete the embedded registration form.