Locust Grove Tech Tidbits
By Denise O'Brien, LMS/STC
StoryKit from the International Children's Digital Library
Check out the student example StoryKit books made by some K and 2nd grade students.
Write About This
Tell About This
Tell About This is an easy platform to inspire and capture young children or ESL student thoughts and stories who are just beginning to master their written skills! A child’s curiosity and imagination will be easy to capture through their voice-telling even if their writing skills have not developed YET!! Writers respond to interesting photo text+ voice-based prompts with voice recordings. Teachers / parents can craft custom prompts and add profiles to personalize the storytelling experience! "It's so easy for the little ones to use! It prompted them to use complete sentences and dig deeper into their retelling skills."
Transform yourself into an array of current and historical characters within seconds. Select from over 50 character templates [more added over time], strike a pose using your iPad camera and hey presto see who you've become. Use the speech bubble to write in character and record a sound clip too.
Here is a real time storymaking tool - what stories do your photos tell? Use Fotobabble to create "Talking Photos" of events and moments in real-time!
For ANY Talking Photo APP
- create a specialty image for video making
- send realtime Talking Postcards to friends from your travels
- create a storytelling AS IF living in the event or time period into a walking gallery using QR Codes
- capture and share a special or funny moment immediately with both image and voice
- act as a citizen journalist and report on breaking news right from the scene
- create personalized, engaging Facebook status messages
- Create EXIT cards at end of class or a learning unit as reflections
Check out the link below to FotoBabble in action in some primary classrooms!