Type 1 & 2 Diabetes
Spreading Awareness about Diabetes
Signs and Symptoms of Diabetes
Type 2: Though most cases report no symptoms, some may describe symptoms such as frequent thirst and urination, fatigue, and sweating.
First Aid Care for Diabetic Emergencies
2. Treat for shock and monitor vital signs, especially blood sugar count.
3. If the victim is conscious, administer a form of glucose using candy, juice, or sugar.
4. If the victim is unconscious, do not give them any glucose.
5. Administer insulin if needed.
6. Provide reassurance to the victim until paramedics arrive.
Prevention Tips for Diabetes
Type 2: Can be prevented with regular physical activity, healthy eating, and low stress.