Fall Edition '22
WELCOME TO THE 22-23 SCHOOL YEAR!
I hope that all Patriots and their families had a great summer! Beckman camps over the summer were extremely successful with the energy level incredibly high throughout. I'd attribute this to good culture amongst the returning athletes as well as us having a strong, determined Incoming Freshman class. We also had a very good 21-22 year in the Athletic Department overall. This past year we tallied six league titles, had 1 CIF Semifinalist, 2 CIF Finalists and brought home 1 CIF Championship(Boys Tennis).
As we begin this 22-23 year, and more specifically this Fall season, you can feel the excitement on campus from our student body and staff. Involvement and support are being discussed on campus and everyone wants to be a part of something special here at BHS.
Let's focus this year on supporting our fellow Patriots in everything they do and on the things that are within our control. If we do that, we're in line to have an outstanding year!
Fall Sports In Action!!
Also, the Pacific Coast League has agreed to raise ticket prices this year. It will be $10 for General Admission and $5 for Students/Children/Seniors. For those that purchase the ASB decal for the 22-23 school year, you still get into to all BHS Home games(Football, Volleyball, Basketball and Wrestling) for Free, excluding playoff games.
BIG THINGS ARE COMING!!!
In addition to the classrooms, there will be two more buildings added that will benefit the Athletic Department. Around next summer, they'll begin working on installing a second gymnasium and a brand new weight room facility located where the nice outdoor basketball courts had been off El Camino Real. This will give us more flexibility on practice times and will also prevent our gym sports from being impacted during AP and other testing situations.
New Head Coaches on Staff
Best of luck and thank you to these coaches that have left us:
- Gordon Scott Girls Soccer
- John Goins Boys Basketball
- Francis Davin Boys Soccer
- Lauren Coleman Girls Basketball
- Tony Crutchfield Track
Welcome to the following coaches:
- Kevin Elson Girls Soccer
- Lucas Armstrong Boys Basketball
- Jason Edgmond Girls Basketball
- Gary Moore Track
- TBA Boys Soccer
Please go to the Beckman Athletics webpage for all of the following important info and so much more(https://www.tustin.k12.ca.us/beckman/athletics
- Clearance for 22-23 School Year - We have new physical forms this year that must be used(please download forms directly from our site).
- Coach's Contact Info for questions on Tryouts for the 22-23 year can be found on the Athletics webpage.
- Now that we've begun the school year, an athlete that makes one of our programs must be fully cleared before being transferred into their 6th period sport. (Must turn in paperwork to Athletic Office and pay Transportation Fee for their sport.)