TSD Parent Tech Tips
Supporting Responsible Parenting in the Digital Age
Restricting Apps on iPhones
Go to Settings > General > Restrictions >select Enable Restrictions. The first time you do this you will be prompted to set a 4 digit passcode. Set a passcode you can remember! Watch the video below for secrets to help you monitor your child's iPhone.
Where Can Parents Get Help?
Setting Boundaries: Quick Tips!
- No mobile devices in bedrooms. You're just asking for trouble if you do.
- Establish a technology curfew; otherwise, your teen could be texting or gaming well into the wee hours of the morning.
- Check age requirements for apps and software. Many apps aren't even permitted to be used by anyone under the age of 13.
- Charge devices in a safe place
- Call your internet service provider or cell phone provider and ask for resources explaining how you can block access to certain content or applications in your home
- No drama. Social media is not for working out problems, arguing, or evaluating relationships. Teach your child when conversations need to be conducted face-to-face.
- Once you post it (pictures, text), it is out there...FOREVER. Be very cautious about your digital footprint.